SkiSantaFe in early April?

Old March 24th 14, 01:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
toller

Default SkiSantaFe in early April?

Hard as it is to believe, I am still working on a Spring vacation.

Is SkiSantaFe likely to be decent the first week of April?

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.
Old March 24th 14, 03:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:01:14 AM UTC-6, toller wrote:

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Pick a place. Go. Have fun no matter what the things you can't change anyway present you.

I just mowed my lawn.

Old March 24th 14, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
toller

On Monday, March 24, 2014 12:56:41 PM UTC-4, pigo wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:01:14 AM UTC-6, toller wrote:

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Pick a place. Go. Have fun no matter what the things you can't change anyway present you.

I just mowed my lawn.

Well, the issue is whether to go to Santa Fe or Charleston. If SF skiing isn't any good, Charleston is a lot closer and cheaper; though I would like to see NM.
Old March 24th 14, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 3/24/2014 10:01 AM, toller wrote:
Hard as it is to believe, I am still working on a Spring vacation.

Is SkiSantaFe likely to be decent the first week of April?

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Tremblant should still be going strong and they have a spring pass for
about $200. Closer than either Santa Fe or Dixie.

--
//Walt
Old March 24th 14, 06:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, March 24, 2014 9:56:41 AM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:01:14 AM UTC-6, toller wrote:

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Pick a place. Go. Have fun no matter what the things you can't change anyway present you.

I just mowed my lawn.

I am waiting to mow mine. The last time, a couple of weeks ago, I hit a rock and chipped the blade, which unbalanced it so it is noisy and shaky now. When I tried to swap it out, I found that, the retainer nut is frozen on the shaft, which means I will have to disassemble the mower mosre than I want to to clamp the other end of the shaft, or take a chance on buying an impact wrench, which would cost almost as much as a new used mower. Maybe I'll find a cheap used impact wrench down at the pawn shop.
Old March 24th 14, 07:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/24/2014 10:12 AM, toller wrote:

On Monday, March 24, 2014 12:56:41 PM UTC-4, pigo wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:01:14 AM UTC-6, toller wrote:

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open
until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the
whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already
by now.

Pick a place. Go. Have fun no matter what the things you can't
change anyway present you.

I just mowed my lawn.

Well, the issue is whether to go to Santa Fe or Charleston. If SF
skiing isn't any good, Charleston is a lot closer and cheaper; though
I would like to see NM.

Why not Brian Head? Utah is better!

--
Cheers, Bev
"We've got some stupid people out there. This morning, I woke

Old March 24th 14, 07:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
toller

On Monday, March 24, 2014 10:01:14 AM UTC-4, toller wrote:
Hard as it is to believe, I am still working on a Spring vacation.

Is SkiSantaFe likely to be decent the first week of April?

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Nice thing about Santa Fe is that you can go skiing one day, go hiking the next day, and then skiing again. We enjoy skiing, but its not really a passion.

Can't do that in Tremblant. I suppose you could in Salt Lake City; but we would much rather see New Mexico.

Old March 24th 14, 07:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/24/14 7:01 AM, toller wrote:
Hard as it is to believe, I am still working on a Spring vacation.

Is SkiSantaFe likely to be decent the first week of April?

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6, and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through. Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Mammoth.
Old March 24th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

toller wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 10:01:14 AM UTC-4, toller wrote:
Hard as it is to believe, I am still working on a Spring vacation.

Is SkiSantaFe likely to be decent the first week of April?

The local resort (Bristol Mountain) says they will stay open until 4/6,
and given the weather forecast, it might be okay the whole way through.
Two years ago I mowed my lawn twice already by now.

Nice thing about Santa Fe is that you can go skiing one day, go hiking
the next day, and then skiing again. We enjoy skiing, but its not really a passion.

Can't do that in Tremblant. I suppose you could in Salt Lake City; but
we would much rather see New Mexico.

It doesn't work like that. You can go hiking on muddy trails, and then ski
on slushy and crappy snow, with lots of dirt patches on a ski run. Most
ski workers go on vacation during the transition between mud seasons, where
rain and sleet storms mix with a couple snow flurries. If you go hiking,
bring your gaitors.

I can go skiing on Sulphide Glacier at Mt.Shuksan year round, but it
doesn't mean it will be enjoyable in the summer.

Personally, stop trying to do two or three activities for your trip, you
will be disappointed in all of them. If you want to do a hiking trip, go
on a hiking trip in the desert to see the desert wildflowers, and before it
gets too hot. If you want to go skiing, plan fast before you just ski a
tableboard of slush with mud patches.
Old March 25th 14, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

twobuddha wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh to be overweight, brain damaged, and have no life, must be difficult
for a Scooter the Catamite.

Alta Early April? Yadda Alpine Skiing 22 April 4th 09 02:28 AM
Colorado conditions last week of March, early April blahdoody North American Ski Resorts 1 January 3rd 06 11:02 PM
early April: Champoluc or Val Thorens Scott Whitehead European Ski Resorts 1 February 9th 05 09:26 PM
SLC April Jim Strohm Alpine Skiing 1 February 4th 05 01:13 AM
Early April Skiing Chris HANKS European Ski Resorts 10 February 21st 04 07:19 PM