Snow Making For Local Club

Old June 8th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
ADK Skier

Default Snow Making For Local Club

We have been kicking around the idea for years about purchasing a snow
making unit for a local group of skiers. Anyone seen some nice setups
in their travels? I understand running the snow making equipment and
making snow is pricery than the original cost. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Old June 10th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jun 8, 2:13 pm, ADK Skier wrote:
We have been kicking around the idea for years about purchasing a snow
making unit for a local group of skiers. Anyone seen some nice setups
in their travels? I understand running the snow making equipment and
making snow is pricery than the original cost. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Call up the proprietor of Cross Country Ski Headquarter in Roscommon,
Michigan. (Forgive me, I'm blanking on his name.) It's the only
private place I know of that makes snow for XC on a pretty small
scale. He's a freindly guy, and I'm sure he could fill you in.

Randy

Old June 10th 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:13:33 -0700, ADK Skier
wrote:

We have been kicking around the idea for years about purchasing a snow
making unit for a local group of skiers. Anyone seen some nice setups
in their travels? I understand running the snow making equipment and
making snow is pricery than the original cost. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

One of the issues of Master Skier this past season had an article
about snowmaking. If you find it useful I can put you in touch with
the author if you like.
--
JT
****************************
Old June 11th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Hans Karlsen who owns High Point Cross Country and Salmon Hills has
two snowmaking units. I remember skiing on 2K of manmade snow at HPXC.
Find his email he http://www.xcskihighpoint.com/

Old June 19th 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I asked for this info a year ago on this forum.
Our club also needs an easy start-package that does not cost so much.

And we found it in a brand new system that does not require extra
digging of water canals and major upgrading of electricity. Picture
he http://www.turrennklubben.no/images/brekkokanon.jpg
Norwegian and Swedish made.