Les Gets report

Old January 28th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rod

Default Les Gets report

Back today from Les Gets. Resort closed Sunday 21st, 8C and no snow.
They refunded our pre-booked passes for Les Gets/Morzine. Bought a
reduced price day pass for P de S on Monday and played around in the
gravel and boiler plate on the Montriond side of Avoriaz. Snowed on
Tuesday, 18" of powder on Wednesday morning, temp down to -8C. Les Gets
partially opened on a reduced price day ticket only. Nice powder but no
base. Resort "fully" opened on Thursday, mostly blues and a few reds.
Canons going 24/7. By end of Friday cover very thin, grass and shrubs
pokng through most runs, well mixed with stones on the higher slopes but
still cold when left on Saturday. Talking to a regular its the worst
he's seen in Gets in ten years. My new skis in major need of a service.

More snow dances required.

Rod
Old January 29th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Lex99

Thanks for the report.

I'm off to Morzine on Friday for a long weekend. Looks like I'll be
spending most of my time in Avoriaz with everyone else!