Historical snow reports?

Old August 18th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NOTTNICK

Default Historical snow reports?

I usually go skiing in the alps at Christmas (as I teach, I can't choose
my holidays).
Easter is early next year and I am thinking of going then as the snow
might be better.
I am trying to find historical reports for Val Thorens, but can't find
any other than justlast year.
Ski-club wants me to buy a subscription, but all I want is one set of info.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Nick
Old August 18th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

http://www.igluski.com/viewsnowhisto...rom=snowreport
Old August 18th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:52:48 +0100, NOTTNICK
wrote this crap:

I usually go skiing in the alps at Christmas (as I teach, I can't choose
my holidays).
Easter is early next year and I am thinking of going then as the snow
might be better.
I am trying to find historical reports for Val Thorens, but can't find
any other than justlast year.
Ski-club wants me to buy a subscription, but all I want is one set of info.
Any ideas?

Plenty. Avoid France like the plague. I recommend the Innsbruk area.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old August 19th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NOTTNICK

Thanks

Old August 19th 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NOTTNICK

wrote this crap:

I usually go skiing in the alps at Christmas (as I teach, I can't choose
my holidays).
Easter is early next year and I am thinking of going then as the snow
might be better.
I am trying to find historical reports for Val Thorens, but can't find
any other than justlast year.
Ski-club wants me to buy a subscription, but all I want is one set of info.
Any ideas?

Plenty. Avoid France like the plague. I recommend the Innsbruk area.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

Hi Harry
Surprised at your rather vitriolic response.
I can only ski at Christmas or Easter.
I need to go high for any guarantee of snow.
I have skied in France at Christmas for the last 6 years (Val D'isere,
La Plagne) and have always had reasonable / good snow.
Next year Easter is early, so there might still be some snow around -
hence my thought about Val Thorens (high so I can guarantee some snow).

If you would like to (civilly) suggest somewher near Innsbruk with
pretty certain snow at Christmas (and for next year - Easter), then
please go ahead.

I have skied at Schladming and at Zel, and like d them both, so I have
nothing against Austria.

Nick
Old August 19th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

wrote this crap:

[...]

You're new here aren't you ?

It's traditional to post a pic in orange shorts and a white T-shirt and
to lose 50 pounds. HTH HAND
Old August 19th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NOTTNICK

BrritSki wrote:

wrote this crap:

[...]

Sure, notice now Harry's 'wrote this crap' is generic.
No offence taken Harry.
Now regarding these shorts......................
:-)