Swx straps on Exel poles

Old February 25th 04, 03:36 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Swx straps on Exel poles

I've got some mid-line Exel poles and would like to try some Swix or
Rex straps on them. But I'm not sure how to get them to fit. The
Exel poles use the Evolution straps, which have a short loop at the
top that fits over a sort of pin. I think Swix straps use a wedge.
Is there anyway to use those sorts of straps with my poles (short of
changing the grips)?

JT
Old February 25th 04, 02:37 PM
Rick Mitchell

John,

I just changed the straps on some Excel poles (that had the loop/pin strap).
I replaced them with Graph Tec straps that utilize two strap ends with a
wedge. Worked just fine. The trick is probably being sure the wedge is
wide enough to work properly.

Rick

Old February 25th 04, 07:35 PM
sknyski

Not much help, but - I am a big SR94 fan and put those on a pair of
exel Ions that I used for rollerskiing (which I never do anymore).
But it required wrapping the end of the pole shaft with a little duct
tape and cramming the SR94 grips on there. Worked great since.

bt
Old March 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
jim farrell

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

Along these lines, has anyone have any luck with Swix grips on the
aero (non-round) Exel poles?

JT

No, but the aero cork grips are a good fit on the infinity shafts! They
are flexible enough to fit the round shaft. (Just wish i could get my
pole parts back from last year's VASA in traverse city)

Jim

To reply remove the 3 and add an e after the j