Fellow Adventurers

Old July 31st 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Fellow Adventurers

Fellow Adventurers! I salute you!

I am soon to embark on a difficult journey. The journey will be long,
arduous, and fraught with peril. But, I am confident of victory. On
Saturn's day, I will be sailing to the end of the map, in a race for
honor and glory.

The journey will be difficult, but my ship is stout, and well tested
on the high seas. My crew is strong, BOLD, and brave. They have won
many races, and they are highly trained. They are used to victory,
and their captain is a mighty Hungarian warrior. I promise I will
award them with honor, glory, and riches beyond imagination.

They are all men of the sea. They have undergone hardships which you
can never comprehend. Every one a hero. Every one a Horvath, and a
Hungarian warrior.

We sail to the edge of the map. And the journey will be worth it.
The natives wear little clothing, and offer you adult beverages.
We are not there for conquest, but only the glory.

I shall return with honor, glory, and much treasure. My name is
already inscribed in many trophies, and it will be seen forever.

I shall not return until the change of the moon's phase.

When I return, we will celebrate with much mead, and we will remember
our ancestors who fought in many glorious battles.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old July 31st 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

[...]

Geez, Horvath. You sail on the Great Lakes...

As far as I can tell, there are no map edges in those parts.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old July 31st 08, 10:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:46:26 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

[...]

There's always an edge on the map, or else it would go on forever.
I've been to the edge of Lake Erie, where the water falls off the
edge. I could easily supply you with the GPS coordinates.

We go to the places where it says, "Here be monsters."
And we shall return with glory, and treasure.

Old July 31st 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

I speak Horvath, allow me to translate:

Fellow Adventurers! I salute you!

"Hello."

I am soon to embark on a difficult journey. The journey will be long,
arduous, and fraught with peril. But, I am confident of victory. On
Saturn's day, I will be sailing to the end of the map, in a race for
honor and glory.

"North Cape Yacht Club's Deep Water Race is this Saturday. It's a small
unimportant race in Lake Erie near Toledo. I'm hitching a ride on my
brother's boat."

The journey will be difficult, but my ship is stout,

"My brother's Hunter 336 is pretty wide. That's not exactly what you
want in a racing boat, so it's going to be difficult."

and well tested
on the high seas. My crew is strong, BOLD, and brave. They have won
many races, and they are highly trained. They are used to victory,
and their captain is a mighty Hungarian warrior. I promise I will
award them with honor, glory, and riches beyond imagination.

They are all men of the sea. They have undergone hardships which you
can never comprehend.

"We got blown out in the Mills Race this year and were scored DNF*"

*did not finish

Every one a hero. Every one a Horvath, and a
Hungarian warrior.

We sail to the edge of the map.

"My map is really small."

And the journey will be worth it.
The natives wear little clothing, and offer you adult beverages.

"After the race, we're going to Hooters."

We are not there for conquest, but only the glory.

"We don't expect to win."

I shall return with honor, glory, and much treasure. My name is
already inscribed in many trophies, and it will be seen forever.

I shall not return until the change of the moon's phase.

"The new moon is Saturday. We'll be out for a couple of hours."

When I return, we will celebrate with much mead, and we will remember
our ancestors who fought in many glorious battles.

"I can't wait to get back so I can go on another bender."

//Walt
Old July 31st 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:40:14 -0400, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:

And we shall return with glory, and treasure.

AKA "fudge".

bw
Old July 31st 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 31, 3:40*am, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:46:26 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

[...]

To quote a great vaudeville routine: "Niagara Falls".
Old July 31st 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:33:00 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

As far as I can tell, there are no map edges in those parts.

There's always an edge on the map, or else it would go on forever.
I've been to the edge of Lake Erie, where the water falls off the
edge. *I could easily supply you with the GPS coordinates.

We go to the places where it says, "Here be monsters."
And we shall return with glory, and treasure.

To quote a great vaudeville routine: "Niagara Falls".

Did I not say that at the end of Lake Erie, the water falls off the
edge of the earth? I've been there, and seen it.

Old July 31st 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:47:30 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

I speak Horvath, allow me to translate:

Fellow Adventurers! I salute you!

"Hello."

I am soon to embark on a difficult journey. The journey will be long,
arduous, and fraught with peril. But, I am confident of victory. On
Saturn's day, I will be sailing to the end of the map, in a race for
honor and glory.

"North Cape Yacht Club's Deep Water Race is this Saturday. It's a small
unimportant race in Lake Erie near Toledo. I'm hitching a ride on my
brother's boat."

A poor translation. it's an ILYA race. A very important race.
And I captain my own boat.

The journey will be difficult, but my ship is stout,

"My brother's Hunter 336 is pretty wide. That's not exactly what you
want in a racing boat, so it's going to be difficult."

and well tested
on the high seas. My crew is strong, BOLD, and brave. They have won
many races, and they are highly trained. They are used to victory,
and their captain is a mighty Hungarian warrior. I promise I will
award them with honor, glory, and riches beyond imagination.

They are all men of the sea. They have undergone hardships which you
can never comprehend.

"We got blown out in the Mills Race this year and were scored DNF*"

*did not finish

A tempest arose. And we were attacked by sea monsters.
We were all heros for surviving the ordeal.

Every one a hero. Every one a Horvath, and a
Hungarian warrior.

We sail to the edge of the map.

"My map is really small."

It's on a CD. Is that what you mean?

And the journey will be worth it.
The natives wear little clothing, and offer you adult beverages.

"After the race, we're going to Hooters."

There's no Hooters there.

We are not there for conquest, but only the glory.

"We don't expect to win."

Another lie. We've won before.

I shall return with honor, glory, and much treasure. My name is
already inscribed in many trophies, and it will be seen forever.

I shall not return until the change of the moon's phase.

"The new moon is Saturday. We'll be out for a couple of hours."

We'll be back in a week, dumbass.

When I return, we will celebrate with much mead, and we will remember
our ancestors who fought in many glorious battles.

"I can't wait to get back so I can go on another bender."

Apparently you enjoy insulting mighty Hungarian warriors. Choose your
weapons. I hope you choose swords. I've been sharpening mine for
this voyage, and I've been sharpening my throwing axes. I'll deal
with you, and your kind when I return.

Old July 31st 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

wrote:

And we shall return with glory, and treasure.

AKA "fudge".

bw

The only fudge is whatever you're packing.

Old July 31st 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

wrote this crap:

They are all men of the sea. They have undergone hardships which you
can never comprehend.

"We got blown out in the Mills Race this year and were scored DNF*"

*did not finish

A tempest arose. And we were attacked by sea monsters.
We were all heros for surviving the ordeal.

I know there's some doubters here, but I have proof.

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...411/-1/ARCHIVE