Need some advice about bindings

Old December 7th 04, 09:03 PM

Default Need some advice about bindings

Hi

I have a salomen fastback board and am looking for new bindings, not
sure whether to go for burton or salomon bindings. Have salomen boots
aswell. Problem is live in Jersey, so will have to get these bindings
mail order. Any known problems with burton bindings on salomon board
etc. Any info would be most helpful.

Cheers

Col

Old December 7th 04, 09:11 PM
Mike T

I have a salomen fastback board and am looking for new bindings, not
sure whether to go for burton or salomon bindings. Have salomen boots
aswell. Problem is live in Jersey, so will have to get these bindings
mail order. Any known problems with burton bindings on salomon board
etc. Any info would be most helpful.

I wouldn't expect any problems putting Burton bindings on a Salomon board.
Several years ago I had trouble getting the heel cup of my Salomon boots
into some Burton bindings though, the boot-binding fit is something to
watch out for.

Mike T

Old December 8th 04, 06:32 AM
lonerider

Mike T wrote:
I have a salomen fastback board and am looking for new bindings,

not
sure whether to go for burton or salomon bindings. Have salomen

boots
aswell. Problem is live in Jersey, so will have to get these

bindings
mail order. Any known problems with burton bindings on salomon

board
etc. Any info would be most helpful.

I wouldn't expect any problems putting Burton bindings on a Salomon

board.
Several years ago I had trouble getting the heel cup of my Salomon

boots
into some Burton bindings though, the boot-binding fit is something

watch out for.

Mike T

Three years ago I had Burton Missions on a Salomon board and didn't
have any problem either. But like Mike I also had a problem where my
boot heel would get stuck on the heelcup and I would have to jam my
foot down. I really like the Burton Missions aside from that... but
yea, I would go with the Salomon bindings because of that. Go to
REI-outlet.com (free shipping for local store pickup), they have a pair
of Salomon SP6 bindings (*sweet* pair of bindings) for over 50% off, if
you find that you don't like them... you can return the for a full
refund used (yes used...).

Old December 9th 04, 09:22 PM
Jay

"Mike T" wrote in message
I have a salomen fastback board and am looking for new bindings, not
sure whether to go for burton or salomon bindings. Have salomen boots
aswell. Problem is live in Jersey, so will have to get these bindings
mail order. Any known problems with burton bindings on salomon board
etc. Any info would be most helpful.

I wouldn't expect any problems putting Burton bindings on a Salomon board.
Several years ago I had trouble getting the heel cup of my Salomon boots
into some Burton bindings though, the boot-binding fit is something to
watch out for.

Mike T

I had size 7 boots and medium P1MD's and the fit was tight but ok (just).
Since I got different boots I find it a lot easier to get strapped in.

Jay.

Advice for new boarder please... codepoit Snowboarding 6 February 29th 04 02:22 PM
salomon bindings / burton boards Joe Snowboarding 6 December 18th 03 09:48 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 05:51 AM
Mount Bindings Schmoe Alpine Skiing 12 November 15th 03 03:02 PM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM