twit filter working in Thunderbird!!

Old November 25th 04, 03:59 PM
gr

Default twit filter working in Thunderbird!!

This newsgroup is so much more on topic and pleasant now that I have
figured out how to filter the extraneous stuff!
FYI: If you are using Thunderbird look under Tools, Message Filters, and
click New to add the filter text to look for.
Note: I think it only filters the individual newsgroup you are in, so
each needs to be done individually.

btw; Thunderbird is available free at

gr
Old November 26th 04, 10:56 PM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

Hollowman wrote in message ...
, gr dropped this bomb:

This newsgroup is so much more on topic and pleasant now that I have
figured out how to filter the extraneous stuff! FYI: If you are using
Thunderbird look under Tools, Message Filters, and click New to add the
filter text to look for. Note: I think it only filters the individual
newsgroup you are in, so each needs to be done individually.

btw; Thunderbird is available free at

gr

You'll get a good test of it when "The extraneous stuff" comes back from
Whistler.It's some sort of tradition with him, he steals a Smoked Turkey
from the Homeless people and takes it up to BC.
He'll be back on Monday or Tuesday to call you vile [no surprise] and to
call me an Insane Asshole without an iota of ethics morals or decency.
Then he'll get mad at one of the old timers.
This is normal. He really lays it on thick around Easter too.

That's when we all go over to rsaModerated for civility and worthwhile posting

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann
Old November 26th 04, 11:10 PM
Dave Stallard

gr wrote:
This newsgroup is so much more on topic and pleasant now that I have
figured out how to filter the extraneous stuff!
FYI: If you are using Thunderbird look under Tools, Message Filters, and
click New to add the filter text to look for.
Note: I think it only filters the individual newsgroup you are in, so
each needs to be done individually.

btw; Thunderbird is available free at

Glad to see other people using T-bird! I use it and love it, whether
at home, in the office, or on the road. Best mail/news client out
there. Easy to use and configure - way better than Outhouse or Eudora
or the old Netscape Communicator.

Dave

Old November 27th 04, 04:14 AM
uglymoney

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:34:37 -0700, AstroPax
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:10:47 -0500, Dave Stallard
wrote:

Glad to see other people using T-bird! I use it and love it,

Me too !

I use Thunderbird for e-mail, and Firefox 1.0 is my web browser.

IMO, compared to Firefox, IE sucks.

But I still prefer Agent as my newsreader...kind of hard to beat, IMO.

-Astro

I second this. Firefox is sooo fast page to page. The other cool
thing is that I come up with only a small fraction of the spyware
components on my computer when I scan it after browsing around with
Firefox vs IE.

The best part of Firefox? All of the cool extensions. How cool is
the zoom feature? Maybe you can zoom with IE, but I never figured out
how to do it easily (with one or two clicks). Seems like such a basic
feature that should have been in every browser from the beggining.

I have smooth scroll for reading all those papers effortlessly. So
nice! And google preview which matches a picture next to search
results (nice for me since I'm at 3 mps or so it doesn't slow down
load times and it is usefull for returning to the correct page).

So many extensions, so little time! Any others that people have found
particularly useful?

My dad, who refuses to upgrade his old computer, and refuses to use
IE, just got Firefox as a replacement for his NS 4.7 and he loves the
upgraded version as well! Seems to run pretty good even on his
clunker with dialup.

nate
Old November 27th 04, 07:09 PM
The Real Bev

uglymoney wrote:

My dad, who refuses to upgrade his old computer, and refuses to use
IE, just got Firefox as a replacement for his NS 4.7 and he loves the
upgraded version as well! Seems to run pretty good even on his
clunker with dialup.

I've been using Mozilla since 1.4, up to 1.8 now -- great for browsing.
Nobody has told me how firefox is any different, so I haven't bothered
to try it yet.

But I still like NS 4.79 for mail/news.

--
Cheers,