Adult Ski Suit - where to buy in UK

Old February 17th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

Default Adult Ski Suit - where to buy in UK

"Colin Irvine" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:54:06 -0000, Michael Chare squeezed out the
following:

"Ace" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:53:32 -0000, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Can anyone reccommend any shops or web sites in the UK that sell one
piece
adult ski suits.

My Berghaus suit is quite old now, and Berghaus themselves no longer
make
replacement.

You'll find that almost no-one make one-pice suits any more. Why would
you want one?

I like the one I have but it is getting old. It is harder to loose
anything
put in inside pockets, and if you fall in deep snow there are fewer entry
points for the snow.

I take it you've not yet been caught on the slopes with a gippy tummy
and only a hole-in-the-ground toilet available.

Fortunately not. A couple of years ago I did get a severe tummy ache whilst
on the train back to Geneva Airport, after my wife gave me an apple which
she told me had not been washed.

All I wanted to do at the airport was lie down, but even seats are in short
supply at Geneva. Evenually I found a meditation room, conveniently
provided with prayer mats. Some lady did try to disturb me, but I decided
that my meditations were more important.

--
Michael Chare

Old March 11th 09, 11:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

wrote:

Can anyone reccommend any shops or web sites in the UK that sell one piece
adult ski suits.

My Berghaus suit is quite old now, and Berghaus themselves no longer make a
replacement.

Since our earlier light-hearted replies, I've noticed one or two new,
baggy, one-piece suits out there, in use by trendy boarders and some
scandy telemarkers. They're even more Andy Pandy-like than the old
ski/romper suits, but I guess there's no accounting for fashion.

http://www.salomonsports.com/others/...piracy-piece-m
http://www.sweetprotection.com/snow/#/outerwear/
Old March 12th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:28:27 GMT, Ace allegedly
wrote:

Since our earlier light-hearted replies, I've noticed one or two new,
baggy, one-piece suits out there, in use by trendy boarders and some
scandy telemarkers. They're even more Andy Pandy-like than the old
ski/romper suits, but I guess there's no accounting for fashion.

The High Altitude programme on BBC2 the other week featured Ed Leigh in
pink trousers, explaining it away with "I'm a snowboarder". I suppose
"Someone paid me to have no fashion sense" wasn't what they were after.

Fool deserves a smack.