My Ski Experience

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14th 04, 11:36 PM
Mike

Default My Ski Experience

Ok, so I went skiing today. I went to Hidden Valley.
Got there around 8:30, got my tickets (beginner package) by 8:40.
But didnt get my boots and skis until 9:15.

Anyway, my gf and I went to the errr "T-Handle" thing.
I just pushed off, seemed like it went ok.
Then at 9:40, my gf got the "bright" idea to bring up "chicken run" we
went up.
The ski lift went HIGH!!
Anyway, that thing is STEEP!!

A quarter of the way down we got in an arguement, I think she should
have made sure I was more prepared. She kept trying to teach me the
wedge, but I couldnt get it right.
Anyway, I didnt get down to the bottom until 10:15...took my 30
minutes!

Anyway, I sat out, while she did the run a few more times, then she
did a few blues.
I did the 12pm group lesson.

It went ok, he didnt teach us the 'wedge', just turning.

Anyway, we took a lunch.
So finally at 3 I did some turns for like 15 minutes, then went up the
chicken run.
1st time (since the morning) fell a few times.
2nd thing was better.
I ended up doing it like 5 times.
I noticed a few things:

1. I am treating it like rollerblades...when I turn, Im almost doing a
"hockey stop" in rollerblades.
My gf said my turns were "too sharp" she said experienced skiers go
down more vertically instead of sharp turns like me.
2. errrr yeah, I just kept doing that...Im not even sure how Im
slowing down, but I did it ok.

I do treat it like rollerblading, I do know Im sometimes pushing off
to the side while skiing (like how you blade)

It was fun, my right hip is bruised from falling on it though.
But when I left I was doing the chicken hill run pretty well.

BUT, I HATE THE LIFT!!
I keep telling the operator "Hold the chair" but he doesnt, so it
slams into me.

Anyway, thats it.
Thanks for all the help everyone