tahoe trip video

Old May 5th 04, 06:04 PM
Mike M. Miskulin

Default tahoe trip video

hey now,

well I finally got around to doing something with the video from my
trip to Tahoe this past March. I split it into two files, the first
is a fair amount of Tahoe footage and 4 runs by me. The second file
is just a few runs by my friend, kinda a spoof on him as he gets this
terrible lean as they day goes on.

If you haven't been to Tahoe before you will certainly get a feel
for what the area and mountains are like. Keep in mind while watching
that this is the first video I've ever taken of anything and it was
shot with a tiny (palm size) camera. I know one thing.. my friend has
DT's and nobody should ever zoom more than 2 or 3x when shooting. Too
much shake and framing in close takes away any sense of speed. I really
want to take a lot more next year as I think its a great way to see
what the heck you are doing wrong.

One other note - the conditions when we were there was mostly sunny and
daily high temps of 65 to 70. After the first hour most of the runs
were getting soft and beginning to be bumped. By early afternoon things
were much bumpier and a bit sloppy. Still a lot of fun, but not exactly
prime carving conditions either!

So here are the details.

You need RealPlayer to view these. After much
wasted time..er experimentation.. it eneded up being
the best low bit rate codec. Even so, video files are
large. You should be able to view these at least
"double size". I think they will be mostly ok full
screen on 1024x768 as well.

There are two ways to view them:

1) You open RealPlayer and do 'file open' and then
paste the URL. This is the 'streaming' method. After
a short pause the video should begin.

2) You paste the link in your browser. I believe in
most circumstances it will download the whole file
first. You can then play it locally with Realplayer.

So.. the links... keep the file sizes and download
speeds required in mind. If you are still on dialup,
download and save the file overnite.

80MB, about 500Kbps needed for streaming:
http://freeride.zftp.com/Tahoe2004_RM_med.rmvb

48MB, about 300Kbps for streaming
http://freeride.zftp.com/Tahoe2004_RM_sml.rmvb

18MB, 500Kbps
http://freeride.zftp.com/OdisFiles_RM_med.rmvb

11MB, 300Kbps
http://freeride.zftp.com/OdisFiles_RM_sml.rmvb

Cheers,

Mike

What's good at Tahoe right now? David Snowboarding 8 April 20th 04 02:12 PM
Tahoe Trip Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 3 March 28th 04 01:19 AM
Anyone for Tahoe? panther Snowboarding 0 March 27th 04 07:01 PM
Tahoe Question Kevin General 2 November 25th 03 04:59 AM
MDP's Gameshow Video Tiburon27 Snowboarding 0 September 20th 03 02:02 PM