hut to hut within Las Vegas drving distance

Old November 23rd 05, 02:15 PM

Default hut to hut within Las Vegas drving distance

Found cheap flights to Vegas from east coast...
Does anyone know if there's any hut-to-hut anywhere say within 300mi? I'm
thinking Utah or Nevada maybe?
Colorado would be a stretch.
thx

Old November 23rd 05, 05:29 PM

There's a ski resort within sight of LasVegas in the mountains to the
West, about maybe 10 miles. Rumored to have 8 chairs, but I can't
verify, have never been to it.

Old November 25th 05, 01:31 AM

"Kurt Knisely" wrote in message
In article , a says...

Found cheap flights to Vegas from east coast...
Does anyone know if there's any hut-to-hut anywhere say within 300mi? I'm
thinking Utah or Nevada maybe?
Colorado would be a stretch.

Yea, besides, CO is overrated :-). How's about Yurt-to-Yurt? Alot more
homey
than a snowcave/igloo/ice fortress.

Actually, it's quite close to LV:
http://www.skitushar.com/info.html
http://www.utah.com/schmerker/2000/tushar_yurt.htm (google for more).

I've done some BC skiing near Elk Meadows (day tripping). Neat area, nice
views, most years a good snowpack and of course in places you'll have to
tolerate the infernal snowmobiles.

-Kurt

hmmm... looks very promising.
thanks for the links. had not come across them yet.

Old November 27th 05, 02:01 AM

Kurt Knisely wrote:
Yea, besides, CO is overrated :-).

Vail has it all. A long drive but that round about make the end of
the drive enjoyable.

How's about Yurt-to-Yurt? Alot more homey
than a snowcave/igloo/ice fortress.

Ya know, if you chop the h off a bit and rearange the letters in
homey you get money.

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com