Those Swedish National Team Lycra Headbands?

Old February 23rd 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Douglas

Default Those Swedish National Team Lycra Headbands?

I can't ski with a hat because it's to warm. Anyone know where to get
those oversized lycra headbands the Swedes and other National teams
use?
Old February 24th 10, 06:55 PM
Jan Gerrit Klok Jan Gerrit Klok is offline
Member

Location: Netherlands
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
I can't ski with a hat because it's to warm. Anyone know where to get
those oversized lycra headbands the Swedes and other National teams
use?
I once bought a girlfriend a Bjorn Daelie headband. Immaculate quality these things. To be had in every Euro ski shop.
A Buff tubular scarf is great too, adjustable. To be had in every bike store in the world.
If you're desperate and don't go for style points, why not cut out the top off an old hat?

I really want a racing hat with mesh top/back. One could develop a fetism for the fabric they use for it. I've not needed it hard enough to shell out the Eur35 for it, yet.

Try eBaying for "headband", and select on the ski category?
Old February 25th 10, 01:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
MT Nordic

I've looked high and low for something like that and have been
unsuccessful. On warmer days, I frequently use a buff (
http://www.buff.es/en/catalog_headwear.php?t=1 ) which serves multiple
purposes, but can be fashioned into a lightweight hat or a headband.
Old February 25th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Ask Craft? They claim to supply the Swedish team, tho who really knows.

Gene

Old February 25th 10, 09:28 PM
Jan Gerrit Klok Jan Gerrit Klok is offline
Member

Location: Netherlands
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok

Once at a run-bike-run event, they gave everyone a cotton bandana. You tie it behind your head, once. A flap falls over it to make it more tidy looking. You then use it, wash it, and use it, the knot will stay in place. It fits under a helmet, and will soak up some sweat, while being a bit warmer than having notig on a chilly day.
The basic tube Buff is multi-functional, but can take a minute or more to make it just right for the day. Make sure to get a longer one. It can then be used double layer as a race hat. Neat about this is, you can also make it have a slight opening on top while still being double layer for heat and sweat absortion around the skull rim. A triple folded Buff would be a like the Swedish head bands, just not as nice and perhaps too warm.
Old February 27th 10, 10:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Was there something different about the blue headband worn by the
Italian guys?

US women's national team progression John Forrest Tomlinson Nordic Skiing 1 March 4th 09 05:17 AM
Turmoil on Swedish Team tassava Nordic Skiing 2 January 24th 07 09:39 AM
Lycra Hats M Webber Nordic Skiing 5 November 18th 05 02:24 AM
women racing lycra suit revyakin Nordic Skiing 2 December 9th 04 10:52 AM
Team OYB National Tour: first strike! Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 8 July 26th 03 05:26 PM