Newbie BC skier rig question

Old October 22nd 03, 08:06 AM
DRSL

Default Newbie BC skier rig question

Stats: 6' tall and 200lbs.

I'm an experienced backpacker/peak bagger who has done a bit of skiing in
resorts, and I'm looking to go backcountry. I have the opportunity to aquire
a pair of Lowa Struktura Evo randonee boots and 190" BD Arc Angel skis at
significantly reduced prices. I know these are good boots/skis, but are they
good for an intermediate? Also, will the choice of boots greatly restrict my
binding choices, or do the Lowa's fit most?

Thanks,
D.

Old October 22nd 03, 09:05 AM
Ulrich Hausmann

DRSL wrote:

Stats: 6' tall and 200lbs.

I'm an experienced backpacker/peak bagger who has done a bit of skiing in
resorts, and I'm looking to go backcountry. I have the opportunity to aquire
a pair of Lowa Struktura Evo randonee boots and 190" BD Arc Angel skis at
significantly reduced prices. I know these are good boots/skis, but are they
good for an intermediate? Also, will the choice of boots greatly restrict my
binding choices, or do the Lowa's fit most?

the boots certainly will be ok. about the skis i'm doubtful. i tried
some black diamonds with no pleasure at all - but in the alps, where
snow conditions mostly are similar to your east coast conditions (the
common impression of all who tried them was: not really lively and
responsive, pretty soft, but "dead". probably ok for deep and soft
powder, but for the rest?). so, it might depend on what kind of snow
you're mostly riding on ...

greetings,

ulrich

Old October 22nd 03, 02:27 PM

newbie pole question a Nordic Skiing 8 January 21st 05 03:35 AM
Beginner skier with question about falls and bruises Ron N.Y Alpine Skiing 8 March 19th 04 05:49 PM
Newbie Binding Setup Question Joe Blanchard Snowboarding 2 February 26th 04 08:57 PM
newbie question re snow boots footman European Ski Resorts 5 January 5th 04 06:38 PM
Newbie question - Please help Mike Alpine Skiing 38 November 17th 03 11:49 PM