Dynafit binding problem

Old October 12th 03, 11:27 AM
BT

Default Dynafit binding problem

I have older, heavily used Dynafit TLT4 boots and relatively new TLT
bindings. I initially had a lot of trouble clicking in the toes. I found
out what was wrong after reading this excerpt from Lou Dawson's FAQ on
Dynafit bindings:

http://www.wildsnow.com/articles/dyn...afit_faq1.html

"When you put on your skis, the Dynafit toe wings snap closed when your boot
sole presses down on a "trigger" in the middle of the toe piece. Some boots
come from the factory without enough sole in this area to press the
"trigger," and boots can wear in such a way that the same problem occurs.
Fix by building a small pad of duct tape up on the trigger, until you can
easily click into the binding."

Using the "small pad of duct tape" works okay but eventually the duct tape
slides off the center and / or falls off.

Does anyone know a better and more permanent solution to this problem?

Bob T

Old October 14th 03, 09:00 PM
Fern

BT wrote:
Some boots
come from the factory without enough sole in this area to press the
"trigger," and boots can wear in such a way that the same problem occurs.

Does anyone know a better and more permanent solution to this problem?

get your boots re-soled? Demonstrate the binding fit issue
to the cobbler so he understands how the
sole thickness matters.

-f
Old October 15th 03, 06:36 PM

Old October 19th 03, 03:15 AM
Ed Huesers

lac.stanford.edu
wrote:
_ Another approach would be to get some rubber and glue it to
the bottom of your boot. This might be safer and work better
since I have no real idea of what kind of surface is on the
binding.

I haven't had any of this glue around for years now but it is fairly
thick and can be used to build things up. It is really tough though and
stuck to everything I ever used it on:
http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall/home.asp

Ed Huesers
Shameless plug: http://www.grandshelters.com