It begins...

Old October 2nd 05, 02:43 PM
klaus

Default It begins...

http://tinyurl.com/c7pt5

It's a classic Hatu day here. I wonder exactly what significant
means. Doesn't take much to cover some of the resort runs.

Just dreaming... carry on.

-klaus

Old October 2nd 05, 05:36 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:

You just have to love how they (the NWS) words these things sometimes.

Maybe they actually meant to say "considerable".

If it's significant, I'll consider it. They're saying 1-3" tomorrow
day at 8K' and then continuing on through Tuesday. If it totals a a
foot, something at high elevation with few buried hazards might be
doable, like So Long at Alta or something off the Guard Road (USA Bowl?)

Mental note: Clean, tune, and wax skis today or tomorrow. Mark hidden
treasures outside with bamboo. Buy chains for the new 4x4. Pump outhouse.
Move wood closer to house now that fire season appears to be over.

-klaus

Old October 3rd 05, 05:11 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:

Looks like it might be a dud, now:

---
VORTICITY LOBES ON NEW MODELS LOOK TO MOVE THROUGH NORTHERN UTAH

snip

Maybe it's just late...

http://tinyurl.com/cxrs3

Tonight: Windy with rain and snow...colder. Accumulation 1-2
inches. Lows at 8000 feet in the upper 20s.

Tuesday: Breezy...snow. Accumulation 6-12 inches above 7000
feet. Highs at 8000 feet in the mid 30s. West winds 15-25 mph.

Tuesday night: Breezy. Partly cloudy in the evening then
clearing. Lows at 8000 feet in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 15-25 mph
in the evening.

As I read that, I get 7-14" above 7000 feet...

If that pans out on the high end, Oct 3 may be Day 1.

-klaus

Old October 3rd 05, 05:13 PM
klaus

klaus wrote:
If that pans out on the high end, Oct 3 may be Day 1.

Oops make that Oct 4... Always a day behind...

-klaus

Old October 4th 05, 01:31 AM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:11:42 +0000 (UTC), klaus
wrote:

As I read that, I get 7-14" above 7000 feet...

Now they are back to the original forecast. For about 8 - 12 hours
yesterday, it appeared as if they had downgraded the precip somewhat.

I like it better this way.

The models were saying it would stall to the north. Now they're
thinking it'll push through. I think this will be the first snowfall
to stick around up high in the shade. Let's just hope it keeps coming
or this snow will just turn into dragon hatchlings.

The canyon was really busy today with everyone getting ready for the
snow. Lot's of "honeywagons", they graded the parking lot, moved
trees, and the water company finally hauled out the old pipe they
pulled out and had sitting by my road. And swirling clouds were
guarding the meadow all day. Really cool light. Gold light all day. No
recreationists all day though.

-klaus