Fisher S-Bound Series Rebound Waxless

Old December 1st 03, 11:01 AM
Nick Branch

Default Fisher S-Bound Series Rebound Waxless

Do these skis exist? Dealer said yes but not on Fisher website. Has anyone
ever tried to fill in the pattern of a waxless ski to create a waxable ski.
I really like this board for East coast bc and would like a waxable version.
Atomic also makes a similar ski called Rainer. Anyone skied this board? Does
it come with a waxable base?

Old December 1st 03, 04:00 PM

Old December 1st 03, 08:51 PM
taywood

Nick Branch wrote:
Do these skis exist? Dealer said yes but not on Fisher website. Has
anyone ever tried to fill in the pattern of a waxless ski to create a
waxable ski.

Not me, but I used to race on a pair of Dynastar No Wax skinnies
years ago.
They were a freebie pair and the flex didnt match my weight so
they dragged on the snow.
Working with the local techie we nibbled away at the front and rear
of the pocket with a stonegrinder until I got an almost perfect glide
and grip, for me. The smoothed out sections could then be glide waxed.
I dont remember what the base material was, modern materials may
not take that treatment.
They were stolen on the finish line at a Masters event at Dobbiaco
Italy, and were uninsured !!
Mike
Old December 1st 03, 11:00 PM
P&FCulver

Nick,

I don't think the Atomic Rainer comes in a waxable version. The ski looks
great though. Would like to ski a pair.

Frank
Bozeman, MT

Old December 3rd 03, 05:39 PM
Edgar

bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Dec.01.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu wrote in message ...

In article ,
Nick Branch wrote:
Do these skis exist? Dealer said yes but not on Fisher website.

_ I think only the biggest one comes in a waxable version.

_ Booker C. Bense

The Fisher website indicates that the S-bound series is made in both
wax and "no-wax" veresions EXCEPT for the Rebound and Outbound models,
the middle size versions.

Marmot Berkeley just special ordered the Wax version of the
Outtabounds for me.

I also bought the Garmont Excursion G-fit (thermal-fit linners). Paul
at Marmot spent 2 hours with me checking fit, doing the molding, and
adding foam to take care of my wide forefoot/narrow heel situation.
The drive down from Oregon was worth the custom fitting and personal
attention.

(Booker: I wanted the waxable ski for skiing in Canada. The no-wax
version would be better for our Oregon snow, but the pleasure of
Canadian Rockies skiing is cold granular snow and good glide.)

Edgar
Old December 4th 03, 04:12 PM