Tahoe?

Old November 30th 04, 04:52 PM
jaycb74

Default Tahoe?

Anybody been up yet this year, our ski lease starts this weekend and
wondering how the mtns. look? Rockboard still?

Old November 30th 04, 06:10 PM
Jason Medeiros

"jaycb74" wrote in message
Anybody been up yet this year, our ski lease starts this weekend and
wondering how the mtns. look? Rockboard still?

This just in from a friend in tahoe:
well we received a very nice dry & cold 18" here in Tahoe over the long
weekend and the skiing's back on in a big way. and Hot Buttered Rum is
playing in Incline Village friday night.

http://www.hotbutteredrum.com

almost every ski area is also running a $20 special on sat & sun..... it's a
beginner package for a lesson, rental equipment and lift ticket. all for
$20/day
and it's happening @ Squaw, Alpine Meadows and Northstar.

it's happening above 6000' up here in a big way

so, you've got deals and bluegrass on fri night. sounds good to me...
--

jmed

Old December 1st 04, 03:33 AM
og

"jaycb74" wrote in message news:1101837437.622905@sj-nntpcache-3...
Anybody been up yet this year, our ski lease starts this weekend and
wondering how the mtns. look? Rockboard still?

If you're not hitting rocks you're not trying..

You really don't need a rock board 5 days after a storm. Ever!
Old December 1st 04, 06:05 PM
jaycb74

Really? Thanks. sarcasm Tell that to my NeverSummer that I scrapped up
more in one day at Alpine Meadows in Dec 01 then I have since then. It
snowed about 2 feet a couple days before then but there wasn't much of a
base. So you go off-piste in search of the goods and your board gets carved
up like butter.

"og" wrote in message
m...

Old December 2nd 04, 08:58 PM
og

"jaycb74" wrote in message news:1101927773.735066@sj-nntpcache-5...
Really? Thanks. sarcasm Tell that to my NeverSummer that I scrapped up
more in one day at Alpine Meadows in Dec 01 then I have since then. It
snowed about 2 feet a couple days before then but there wasn't much of a
base. So you go off-piste in search of the goods and your board gets carved
up like butter.

Two feet of light powder condenses to to 6 inches after 5 days. Plus,
if, at a relatively small resort like Alpine Meadows, you find
untracked snow there must be a reason...like rocks. Sorry you
thrashed your board.

"og" wrote in message
m...

Old December 9th 04, 07:55 AM
Mr. Splodge

"jaycb74" wrote in message
Anybody been up yet this year, our ski lease starts this weekend and
wondering how the mtns. look? Rockboard still?

I haven't posted here for years but I just spotted this. I'm here for the
season so I can keep you all informed. It's been dumping for a couple of day
now, probably no need for a rockboard any more.

Not that I'd know I'm stuck at home injured until mid Jan.

Have fun
Mr. Splodge