What do you all want to read about?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28th 04, 10:06 PM
Pete Vordenberg

Default What do you all want to read about?

Dear ski friends… The Athletes of the US Cross Country Ski Team – lead
by Andrew Johnson, have put together a fund raising project which
includes a web site www.teamtoday.org that we will be up dating
regularly.
What I want to know is what the ski community wants from a web site.
There are a lot of great sites that deliver a lot of great info
(skinnyski, fasterskier, xcskiworld, usskiteam, skipost - etc). We
want to complement rather than compete with these existing sites.
Taking into account that this will be run by the athletes and to a
lesser degree the staff of the US team what do you want to read about?
So far we have thought to write up training, racing and random
stories, training info, training and camp opportunities, preparation
ideas… etc. In other words what can we do through this site to help
the American ski community?
The next question is what can we do to get the American ski public
involved in supporting the athletes of the US Team? How can we get
more people to contribute?

Besides raising money for the athletes' training and racing, we want
to bring skiing to a new level in the US. We hope our efforts both
through racing and communicating with the public help with this goal.
You can email me if you'd like but even better please post your ideas
here.

www.teamtoday.org

Thanks for your ideas, support and enthusiasm for cross-country ski
racing,

Pete Vordenberg
US Cross-Country Ski Team Assistant Coach