& Backcountry ski-board-climb-hike entrance controls..any ? 5/8/06

Old May 17th 06, 02:55 AM

Eugene Miya wrote:

Elder Klaus telling Elder Eugene 8^)

Heh. Long Strange Trip and all that.

But excepting the Olympics, you guys don't get much Chinese traffic.

We have pretty good mexican food, and passable sushi. Ballet is ok for
a visit a year. Chinese? There's some fair Chinese food in Heber.

The Austrians, for instance, are trying to convince the Communist
Chinese to create a ski industry.

Gonna have to adjust to the new climate. Political and otherwise,

This is going to be amusing.

And that is different, how? ;

Unless the LDS Church is going to encourage new Deseret industry.

The LDS Church seems to have that "industry" thing tagged. Credit
where credit is due.

-klaus

Old May 17th 06, 04:42 PM

Dave-in-Spokane " wrote in
:

Kurt Knisely wrote:

I stopped to ask a ski patroller at Red Mtn. one day about the BC
gate. He said "what gate"? You leave the ski area and you're on
your own.

Hey wait a minute here, did you come to Red this year and not even
give me a call?

Few years ago...to avoid the 'lympic crowds and black helicopers :-)

When you're talkin' Western North America, skiing, and open boundaries,
there is ONLY one Red Mtn. Ahh, that's a lie:

(near Silverton)
http://www.allwest.net/~kurt/images/...04/RedMtn3.JPG

Oh and one of Dave in the same folder:
http://www.allwest.net/~kurt/images/silver04/dave.JPG

Looks like we're planning a Nelson invasion next season: WH2O, Kootenay
Pass, huts, mebbie some snowcatting or heli time too. Plenty to do in the
Nelson area. Inexpensive and good Mexican food ;-)
Old May 17th 06, 04:45 PM

(Eugene Miya) wrote in news:446a7043$1@darkstar:

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
http://www.sierradescents.com/photos/2005/abineau.php

Nice avalanche, but not the Sierra.
Been on the top of this one in summer.

Yea, but I found it on that Sierra page. Makes for a longer run now off of
Humphries...some years at least.
Old May 17th 06, 06:50 PM

In article ,
klaus wrote:
Eugene Miya wrote:
Elder Klaus telling Elder Eugene 8^)

Heh. Long Strange Trip and all that.

Yeah, we were talking about technical progress on Monday, and
the issue of resistance was a big obscure warm and fuzzy missing.
You guys don't realize how close you were to not having minicomputers
and a net. And DEC's history of murder.

But excepting the Olympics, you guys don't get much Chinese traffic.

We have pretty good mexican food, and passable sushi. Ballet is ok for
a visit a year. Chinese? There's some fair Chinese food in Heber.

I think many visiting Chinese want sample local food.
Ponder that a moment. My old man spent some of his youth in Heber.

The Austrians, for instance, are trying to convince the Communist
Chinese to create a ski industry.

Gonna have to adjust to the new climate. Political and otherwise,

It's not the Cold War any more.

This is going to be amusing.

And that is different, how? ;

As a start:
It's not the Cold War any more.

Unless the LDS Church is going to encourage new Deseret industry.

The LDS Church seems to have that "industry" thing tagged. Credit
where credit is due.

Verily. Brother.

Old May 18th 06, 12:05 AM

Eugene Miya wrote:
In article ,
klaus wrote:

Yeah, we were talking about technical progress on Monday, and
the issue of resistance was a big obscure warm and fuzzy missing.

I normally reserve those discussions for Thursday, Get back to me
tomorrow.

You guys don't realize how close you were to not having
minicomputers and a net. And DEC's history of murder.

I wax poetic.(1) DEC needed to be murdered. It was for national
insecurity.

We have pretty good mexican food, and passable sushi. Ballet is ok for
a visit a year. Chinese? There's some fair Chinese food in Heber.

I think many visiting Chinese want sample local food.
Ponder that a moment.

I hear they just issued a warning about eating Utah Lake
Carp. Yah. Carp. PCBs. Now I'm just wondering who the hell is eating
enough Utah Lake Carp to have a problem. Is that what you mean by
local? Or were you talking deep fried Twinkies and Jello salad?

My old man spent some of his youth in Heber.

Did he drive a Ford. ;

Gonna have to adjust to the new climate. Political and otherwise,

It's not the Cold War any more.

We won that one. Now we need some refrigerators.

And that is different, how? ;

As a start:
It's not the Cold War any more.

Heh. That's exactly what makes it amusing.

The LDS Church seems to have that "industry" thing tagged. Credit
where credit is due.

Verily. Brother.

Heavenly Father planned it that way.

-klaus

(1) http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/inde...?date=20000921

Old May 18th 06, 02:00 PM

Kurt Knisely wrote:
http://www.sierradescents.com/photos/2005/abineau.php

Nice avalanche, but not the Sierra.
Been on the top of this one in summer.

Yea, but I found it on that Sierra page. Makes for a longer run now off of
Humphries...some years at least.

Emphasis on the "...some years at least." This was not one of
those years.

Last year I mountain biked on the Waterline road to where it
overlooks the avalanche path. A portion of the avalanche had
turned back up the opposite site of the drainage and had
overrun Waterline. Most impressive!

David
Flagstaff, AZ
Old May 19th 06, 03:31 AM

In article ,
klaus wrote:
technical progress
the issue of resistance

I normally reserve those discussions for Thursday, Get back to me
tomorrow.

Can I have a real "Double-0" number and an real Glock with a sound suppressor.

You guys don't realize how close you were to not having
minicomputers and a net. And DEC's history of murder.

I wax poetic.(1) DEC needed to be murdered. It was for national
insecurity.

DEC for all its faults was better than having IBM.
We have IBM today, but you could be submitting card decks and not have a net.

mexican food, and sushi.
Chinese?

I think many visiting Chinese want sample local food.
Ponder that a moment.

I hear they just issued a warning about eating Utah Lake
Carp. Yah. Carp. PCBs. Now I'm just wondering who the hell is eating
enough Utah Lake Carp to have a problem. Is that what you mean by
local? Or were you talking deep fried Twinkies and Jello salad?

When in Roman do as the Romans.
When at original of any Utahn town, you ...

My old man spent some of his youth in Heber.

Did he drive a Ford. ;

Actually, for some reason he hated Fords. He was into Chevvies.
No idea why. I've owned 2 German cars and now 2 Japanese cars.

Gonna have to adjust to the new climate. Political and otherwise,

It's not the Cold War any more.

We won that one. Now we need some refrigerators.

Are you certain? Mission accomplished? The living with envy the dead?

And that is different, how? ;

As a start:
It's not the Cold War any more.

Heh. That's exactly what makes it amusing.

Many "small snakes...."

The LDS Church seems to have that "industry" thing tagged. Credit
where credit is due.

Verily. Brother.

Heavenly Father planned it that way.

Pass the Jello-O salad (every thingsh goes with Jello-O).

Old May 19th 06, 03:32 AM

In article ,
David Blanchard wrote:
Humphries...

overrun Waterline. Most impressive!

Truly.

Flagstaff, AZ

Nice place in many ways.

Remote in other ways.

Old May 19th 06, 11:50 AM

In article 446d3c61$1@darkstar, Eugene Miya wrote:
In article ,

Flagstaff, AZ

Nice place in many ways.

Yes. :-)

Remote in other ways.

Yes :-(

Basics can be bought locally.
Anything else must be ordered.
Skis, boots, poles, snow...

-db-

new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Board spec question and the Burton Baron Frank L Lynn Snowboarding 2 April 11th 05 05:42 PM
advice on board? Mario Snowboarding 10 January 11th 05 01:00 AM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 06:22 PM