Dogs in the Cottonwoods

Old March 9th 05, 02:04 PM
uglymoney

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:31:23 +1000, "AH" wrote:

"uglymoney" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:07:09 +1000, "AH" wrote:

I'm more concerned with the fact that you had your dog locked up in your
car
for a freaking week..

Seeing as how your a known jackass, that doesn't suprise me.

nate

I'm a known jackass?

Did I stutter? I must have. Sorry.

I was of course referring to this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...fa6d507a9e1794

Your judgement is poor and your concern for my dog is a laugh.

nate
Old March 9th 05, 02:15 PM

never mind getting a ticket for having your dog in the area......if i
were an animal control officer, i would take your dog away from you
until you are smart enough not to leave him in your car.....

Chuck

Old March 9th 05, 02:26 PM
uglymoney

On 9 Mar 2005 07:15:13 -0800, "
wrote:

never mind getting a ticket for having your dog in the area......if i
were an animal control officer, i would take your dog away from you
until you are smart enough not to leave him in your car.....

Chuck

Its a her, not a him.

nate
Old March 9th 05, 02:30 PM
uglymoney

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:47:22 -0700, Jack Nixon wrote:

I saw the no dogs sign years ago and drove away. Our dog meant more to me
than Cottonwood Canyon did. Haven't been back even though that dog and its
predecessor are both gone to Dog Island.

Jack

Thankfully dogs are still legal down at CB. I need to get back down
soon. My friend did a few days in the backcountry somewhere over by
monarch a week ago or so. Sounded deep and epic. Ah, I was jealous
when I heard the tales.

nate
Old March 9th 05, 02:33 PM

okay....its a her, not a him, but you are still one cruel *******......

Old March 9th 05, 02:41 PM
uglymoney

On 9 Mar 2005 07:33:29 -0800, "
wrote:

okay....its a her, not a him, but you are still one cruel *******......

Why? For what?

Please expand upon your thoughts.

nate
Old March 9th 05, 02:48 PM
Walt

uglymoney wrote:

I skied Solitude on Friday.

I think they could do a little better with their map. Its a better
ski area than the drawing indicates.

SSSSHHHHH!

--
//-Walt
//
Old March 9th 05, 03:01 PM
bdubya

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:28:05 -0700, AstroPax
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:25:28 -0500, Mary Malmros
wrote:

Okay. So what is it about a resident's dog that's different from a
visitor passing through?

The "residents" are residents of either LCC, or BCC, of which there
are not that many.

Furthermore, there is a BIG difference, in numbers....it's one thing
to allow a few resident's to have dogs in the cottonwood canyons, it's
another thing to allow hundreds of dogs/day to **** in the watershed.

Personally, I think it's a good law.

On a similar not:

http://www.saveourcanyons.org/archiv...c/102496a.html

Any idea how that shook out? Near as I can tell, dogs are still
allowed, but I wonder if people started cleaning up after them.

bw
Old March 9th 05, 03:06 PM

leaving a dog in a car for an extended period of time is just plain
cruel. I know all the excuses"but i let her out", "but I crack the
window", but "insert whatever your line is here", but the bottom line
is, dogs dont belong in cars in cold ski parking lots......

Justify it however you want, I am sure you will come up with something,
but dogs should not be left in cars while owners go off to enjoy
themselves......

Chuck

Old March 9th 05, 03:14 PM
uglymoney

On 9 Mar 2005 08:06:23 -0800, "
wrote:

leaving a dog in a car for an extended period of time is just plain
cruel. I know all the excuses"but i let her out", "but I crack the
window", but "insert whatever your line is here", but the bottom line
is, dogs dont belong in cars in cold ski parking lots......

Justify it however you want, I am sure you will come up with something,
but dogs should not be left in cars while owners go off to enjoy
themselves......

Interesting. I disagree with this post.

nate

Dogs hate 'em, too Jeff Alpine Skiing 94 March 8th 05 01:11 PM
Scottee caught lying again Terd Fartingmor Alpine Skiing 107 March 13th 04 04:35 AM
Sled dog training... Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 14 December 3rd 03 02:01 PM