Dumb bet?

Old January 1st 04, 06:45 AM
Dismantler

Default Dumb bet?

"Robert" wrote in message
m...
Alright... I'm back.

First things first... I lost the bet. Our first day of boarding was
Saturday the 27th and it was snowing hard and had been for a while.
Which means that both me and my wife were trying to learn to do this
in deep powder and neither could see **** and everything was wet.
Blah, blah, ... excuses and all that. We left the mountain before the
4 hours were even up because of the conditions.

The next two days, however, were awesome! The sun was shining and the
snow was great... plenty of powder but the trails where packed by the
resort. I did pick up boarding pretty quick, although I didn't push
so hard since there was no pressure after already loosing the bet. I
must say, boarding is fun. I'm not nearly as good at boarding as I am
at skiing yet, so I won't say which I like better. But, the wife and
I liked it enough to definitely give it a few more goes. I can't wait
to be on the slopes again!

Later all and thanks again for the posts
Peace!

I'm glad you had the luck to learn on pow.

I learned on late-late-late season Australian slush, crud and bare spots...
(Ouch!!!!!)

The only up-side was at the time, I had a good job and lots of
vacation-time, so I could get in lots of riding on the weekends after the
Aussie season ended upon returning to the US.

I'm a yank, btw, for those international hanyocks out there wondering...

This year blows chunder so far, no days on the snow. We've got a taste so
far in Indiana, but not enough to slide down even the nearest molehill for a
bit of laughs. Been busy teachin the young'uns last few years.

Might get one day in at Mt. Bohemia this year if my luck holds out...

http://www.mtbohemia.com