Anybody boarding out in UTAH or COLORADO right now?

Old November 10th 03, 08:27 PM
toddjb

Default Anybody boarding out in UTAH or COLORADO right now?

How about some early season reports for us eastcoasters who are
jonesing for some snow!

-t
Old November 12th 03, 03:49 PM
Jess McClelland

Went up to Brighton (UT) last weekend. About a 1/3 of the mountain is
open after they got 5 feet of snow in about a week's time. All the
available runs are groomed and packed, so find the pow requires diving
in and out of trees.

JCM

Old November 12th 03, 11:48 PM
Chris Stringer

Here in Bend, Oregon we have already had a minor dump of a few inches
in town and the mountain (Mt. Bachelor) has a base of about 18 inches
or so. They claim they will open next Friday. Check their site at
http://www.mtbachelor.com for the details. They got their snowmaking
system up and running this year and I know they have been blowing at
night when it's cold.

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email:
Web:
http://www.rdcshop.com
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI
Old November 13th 03, 01:17 AM
Mike T

Here in Bend, Oregon we have already had a minor dump of a few inches
in town and the mountain (Mt. Bachelor) has a base of about 18 inches
or so. They claim they will open next Friday. Check their site at
http://www.mtbachelor.com for the details. They got their snowmaking
system up and running this year and I know they have been blowing at
night when it's cold.

Timberline plans to open the next day. It's weird enough not being able
to make runs at Timberline this time of year - but to have another ski
resort in OR open when Timberline is closed? That's gotta be a first!

Old November 13th 03, 07:23 PM
User

"Mike T" wrote in message ...
Here in Bend, Oregon we have already had a minor dump of a few inches
in town and the mountain (Mt. Bachelor) has a base of about 18 inches
or so. They claim they will open next Friday. Check their site at
http://www.mtbachelor.com for the details. They got their snowmaking
system up and running this year and I know they have been blowing at
night when it's cold.

Timberline plans to open the next day. It's weird enough not being able
to make runs at Timberline this time of year - but to have another ski
resort in OR open when Timberline is closed? That's gotta be a first!

Park City Mountain Will open November 14th, this is a cut and paste
from their press release:

Triggered By Early Season Snowfall and Excellent Snowmaking Conditions

Park City, Utah (November 6, 2003) – Park City Mountain Resort will
kick off its 40th anniversary season one week early on Friday,
November 14, 2003. Over four feet of natural snowfall and ideal
snowmaking conditions have provided optimum conditions for an early
season opening.

More info:
www.parkcitymountain.com
www.parkcitymainstreet.com
Old November 14th 03, 10:46 PM
Dr Bob Holt

Pictures from Copper, CO last weekend at
http://endlesswinter.co.uk/copper1.htm

--
http://www.endlesswinter.co.uk
"When Hell freezes over, I'll snowboard there too"
"toddjb" wrote in message
om...
(Chris M.) wrote in message

. com...
What're you talking about?!?! I was in a blizzard at Killington on
Tuesday! Plenty of fluffy snow there, and Okemo is opening, too.
Looks to be a good season here!

Hey, cut me a break, I posted that on Monday!

Okay, ANY early season boarders, share the experience!

In Colorado For A Ski Trip??? Visit Crested Butte Colorado!!!!! PaulC General 0 February 21st 04 06:35 PM
Sand Boarding Yello snow Snowboarding 0 October 29th 03 02:51 PM
ADV: Skiing Park City, Utah? User Snowboarding 2 October 17th 03 05:26 PM
Off season boarding Mike Manuele Snowboarding 3 August 12th 03 04:19 AM
Colorado or Banff? In December-January Serena Snowboarding 4 July 22nd 03 03:19 PM