Whirling around vs controlled spin

Old December 15th 09, 09:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default Whirling around vs controlled spin

On Dec 15, 1:38 am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:25 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".

The force is invisible, so is the momentum, and certain movements
cannot be done without the adequate momentums; your "hinge-door" joint
movements would only destroy it.

Momentum is mass times velocity so it's always visible. Expert skiers
can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well, it's not rocket
science or esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

Nice formula, but no, it only describes a "behavior" of the object,
but not momentum/force itself. In a straight line motion, centripetal
force doesn't exist, so is the centrifugal force; however, once the
motion moves out the straight line, both centripetal force and
centrifugal force come to exist at the same time. How do they happen?
Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

IS
Old December 15th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
[...]

Talk about your mumbo-jumbo!

Where's Mr. physics guy?
Old December 15th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".
The force is invisible, so is the momentum, and certain movements
cannot be done without the adequate momentums; your "hinge-door" joint
movements would only destroy it.

Momentum is mass times velocity so it's always visible. Expert skiers
can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well, it's not rocket
science or esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

Nice formula, but no,

Actually, yes.

it only describes a "behavior" of the object,
but not momentum/force itself. In a straight line motion, centripetal
force doesn't exist, so is the centrifugal force; however, once the
motion moves out the straight line, both centripetal force and
centrifugal force come to exist at the same time. How do they happen?

Centrifugal force never exists.

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 15th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Dec 15, 8:58 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
What's to "read beyond the images". That's pretty much all I do. I'm
quite familiar with the "forces on the human body".
The force is invisible, so is the momentum, and certain movements
cannot be done without the adequate momentums; your "hinge-door" joint
movements would only destroy it.

Momentum is mass times velocity so it's always visible. Expert skiers
can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well, it's not rocket
science or esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

Nice formula, but no,

Actually, yes.

No, just make a opposite to my statement does not make an argument.

it only describes a "behavior" of the object,
but not momentum/force itself. In a straight line motion, centripetal
force doesn't exist, so is the centrifugal force; however, once the
motion moves out the straight line, both centripetal force and
centrifugal force come to exist at the same time. How do they happen?

Centrifugal force never exists.

Learn how to duck, it may actually save your life one day,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/misc/chain_weapon.jpg

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

No more than "press on the base to go straight, and press on the edges
to turn."

IS

Old December 15th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
[...]

Learn physics. Centrifugal force DOES NOT EXIST.

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

No more than "press on the base to go straight, and press on the edges
to turn."

I don't know who you think you are quoting.

Old December 15th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Dec 15, 10:15 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
[...]

Before I continue, let me do a roll call, how many of you support Alan
Baker argument?

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

No more than "press on the base to go straight, and press on the edges
to turn."

I don't know who you think you are quoting.

The Flatboarding theory.

IS

Old December 15th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

Nice formula, but no, it only describes a "behavior" of the object,
but not momentum/force itself. In a straight line motion, centripetal
force doesn't exist, so is the centrifugal force; however, once the
motion moves out the straight line, both centripetal force and
centrifugal force come to exist at the same time.

Have you ever considered writing a textbook of physics? Your mastery of
the subject is only rivaled by your social skills.
Old December 15th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
[...]

Just the ones that know basic physics.

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly
well," but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric
mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

No more than "press on the base to go straight, and press on the
edges to turn."

I don't know who you think you are quoting.

The Flatboarding theory.

Whatever that is.

Old December 15th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

Nice formula, but no, it only describes a "behavior" of the object,
but not momentum/force itself. In a straight line motion, centripetal
force doesn't exist, so is the centrifugal force; however, once the
motion moves out the straight line, both centripetal force and
centrifugal force come to exist at the same time.

Have you ever considered writing a textbook of physics? Your mastery
of the subject is only rivaled by your social skills.

You've gat that dead right. He mutilates both completely.

Old December 16th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:05 am, pigo wrote:
[...]

Well certainly, all the people who understand physics.

Yes, it is the rocket science, and is known throughout the physics
community; only layman thinks that as esoteric mumbo-jumbo.

So, "Expert skiers can appreciate what you're doing perfectly well,"
but you non-experts can only do your own "esoteric mumbo-jumbo"?

How would you know what experts can do?

No more than "press on the base to go straight, and press on the edges
to turn."

I don't know who you think you are quoting.

The Flatboarding theory.

LOL