flow!

Old March 8th 06, 07:24 AM

Default flow!

I was thinking of retrofiting conventional straps of a pair of flow
fr11 bindings ,what do you think?
I think it would lighten them up and i could cinch them down like a
conventional binding .
looking for some feed back, and dont tell me to buy REAL bindings etc
etc..snowboarding s about shaken **** up .grg.

Old March 8th 06, 10:40 PM

Really dont have change them to was just mucking about, the binding
works well! but thought it would be fun and always thought they re to
heavy .
Noticed a press release on transworld that flow is coming out with a
( sorta ) two strap model called the NXT still funnel like but looks
like a couple of straps still doesnt look like you can cinch them down
i guess they have to compete with the k2 cinch binding?

Old March 9th 06, 03:32 PM

They look like they are essentially the same, eliminating some of the
material at the top. Maybe some sort of weight saving that goes along with
a more traditional look.

Stan.

"Ed Chilada" wrote in message
On 8 Mar 2006 15:40:26 -0800, wrote:

Noticed a press release on transworld that flow is coming out with a
( sorta ) two strap model called the NXT still funnel like but looks
like a couple of straps still doesnt look like you can cinch them down
i guess they have to compete with the k2 cinch binding?

Lotsa photos he

http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/8869

Old March 10th 06, 02:29 PM

"Richard Lumsden" ) writes:
Why bother? Throw your flows out . I've talked to more people who have had
them come loose. In deep or heavy snow the back binding lock will drag in
snow and come unlocked, the next kicker out comes you foot. My son and
daughter both had this happen, I broke my shoulder when my Pro's did it. The
people at Flow no about this problem and have had a few recalls but do nada
about it . The question is not if they will come unlocked but when and how
bad the outcome will be. Stay away from Flows Later Richard

I assume your Flows are older models since the ones I currently use have a
locking mechanism on the lever to raise the highback. In order to open the
highback I have to open the lock first. I've never had it come open in the
past 2 years. I do know of other people with older models who have had it
open up just like you.

At least the model I have, Flow has fixed the problem.

Steve.

Old March 10th 06, 02:30 PM

They were 2 year old Pros with the locking device. They ended my season last
year , this year (I live in S Ontario, we dont get much powder) the first
heavy snowfall it happened again on a heelside turn. The lock hits some snow
the right way and lookout. I'm not the first one and won't be the last, just
a word of caution. Later Richard

Old March 10th 06, 02:44 PM

Most of my family has Flows and we all love them. We've never had one come
open in the two years we've been on them. The only downside I see is
getting in and out of them in deep powder. This past weekend it took me
about 45 minutes to walk out of an ungroomed run at Donner (#5) that had
about 2 to 3 feet of fluffy powder on it. The Flows accounted for about 1
minute of that.

Stan.

Old March 10th 06, 02:48 PM

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:32:52 -0800, "Stan" wrote:

They look like they are essentially the same, eliminating some of the
material at the top. Maybe some sort of weight saving that goes along with
a more traditional look.

Some models appear to have a ratchet to tighten the powerstrap.

Dean