A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Congratulations to BC!!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 2nd 03, 08:09 PM
bdubya
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

Congratulations to Vancouver, Whistler/Blackcomb, and whatever other
points in the area are going to host the 2010 Olympics.

Now us Murricans have seven years to convince NBC to either learn to
cover ski racing effectively or to sub the job out to somebody who
does. (Of course, seven years down the road, we ought to be able to
get a high-definition streaming feed from CBC or whoever else has the
best coverage.)

bw
Ads
  #2  
Old July 2nd 03, 08:36 PM
The Real Bev
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:bdubya typed:
Congratulations to Vancouver, Whistler/Blackcomb, and whatever other
points in the area are going to host the 2010 Olympics.

Now us Murricans have seven years to convince NBC to either learn to
cover ski racing effectively or to sub the job out to somebody who
does. (Of course, seven years down the road, we ought to be able to
get a high-definition streaming feed from CBC or whoever else has the
best coverage.)


Nice hope but it won't happen. All the touchy feely and up close
and personal stuff is so women will watch. Or at least that's what they
tell themselves and us. Despite it being a load of crap. Oh, and
congrats to Vancouver and BC!!! ;-)


It wasn't women who were all agog at seeing whatshername's
partially-unzipped jersey when she won the women's MTB event!

--
Cheers,
Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
"...so she told me it was either her or the ham radio, over."
  #3  
Old July 2nd 03, 09:11 PM
lal_truckee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

The Real Bev wrote:


It wasn't women who were all agog at seeing whatshername's
partially-unzipped jersey when she won the women's MTB event!


I missed that - got a picture reference?
(I was disappointed when Brandi pulled off her shirt to reveal - another
"shirt" [not a bra, because there was nothing there to support.])


I've always thought the Olympics should be contested nude, just like the
original. Then records, etc, would mean something, and not just that the
shoes are better. Also no equipment. If it features equipment, get rid
of it. And no teams. If it features teams, get rid of it.

So in the Winter Olympics, downhill competition would favor someone with
a wide, rounded, smooth behind, with plenty of fat for insulation. And
cross country someone with large feet. And jumping someone with no brains.

(Same for rock climbing - no shoes - make comparisons legitimate.)

  #4  
Old July 2nd 03, 09:26 PM
Mike Speegle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

In news:The Real Bev typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:bdubya typed:
Congratulations to Vancouver, Whistler/Blackcomb, and whatever
other points in the area are going to host the 2010 Olympics.

Now us Murricans have seven years to convince NBC to either learn
to cover ski racing effectively or to sub the job out to somebody
who does. (Of course, seven years down the road, we ought to be
able to get a high-definition streaming feed from CBC or whoever
else has the best coverage.)


Nice hope but it won't happen. All the touchy feely and up
close and personal stuff is so women will watch. Or at least
that's what they tell themselves and us. Despite it being a load
of crap. Oh, and congrats to Vancouver and BC!!! ;-)


It wasn't women who were all agog at seeing whatshername's
partially-unzipped jersey when she won the women's MTB event!


??? I have no idea *what* you're talking about.
--
Mike
__________________________________________________ ______
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,
Spend *lots* of money, Then leave as quickly as you can.
Rec.Skiing.Alpine.Moderated is up and working! Join in!


  #5  
Old July 3rd 03, 12:59 AM
Mike Speegle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

In news:The Real Bev typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:The Real Bev typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:bdubya typed:
Congratulations to Vancouver, Whistler/Blackcomb, and
whatever other points in the area are going to host the 2010
Olympics.

Now us Murricans have seven years to convince NBC to either
learn to cover ski racing effectively or to sub the job out
to somebody who does. (Of course, seven years down the road,
we ought to be able to get a high-definition streaming feed
from CBC or whoever else has the best coverage.)

Nice hope but it won't happen. All the touchy feely and up
close and personal stuff is so women will watch. Or at least
that's what they tell themselves and us. Despite it being a
load of crap. Oh, and congrats to Vancouver and BC!!! ;-)

It wasn't women who were all agog at seeing whatshername's
partially-unzipped jersey when she won the women's MTB event!


??? I have no idea *what* you're talking about.


If that were true, you'd be too embarrassed to admit it.


I'm never too embarrassed to admit I looked or goggled when skin is
shown. Like last year's Oscars and Halle Berry's transparent top. Very
nice. But I still have no idea what your *very* specific reference is
for. ;-) MTB??? WTF?
--
Mike
__________________________________________________ ______
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,
Spend *lots* of money, Then leave as quickly as you can.
Rec.Skiing.Alpine.Moderated is up and working! Join in!


  #6  
Old July 3rd 03, 03:42 AM
Mike Speegle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

In news:The Real Bev typed:

On the off-chance you're serious... The first (maybe only, I don't
keep up) year they had mountainbiking as an Olympic sport, the
women's event was won by an attractive blonde who had unzipped her
jersey during the race. The TV coverage was, of course, abysmal, but
there was a nice shot of the finish, with the camera centered on the
girl's chest. I think she was wearing a sports bra under the jersey.
At the time I was reading the MTB newsgroup, and her chest was the
subject of considerable discussion.


Okay, now I understand. I guess I missed that part of the Olympics
coverage. I just had no idea WTF MTB was or what you were referring to.

So women aren't always interested in the touchy-feely crap about the
contestants and their heroic/tragic stories and guys aren't always
interested in technical proficiency.


I know that, but the network admits that the touchy feely is to get
the women to watch. I think if they actually spent more time showing
the athletic endeavors of the competitors more people, men and women,
would watch.

As it is I was able to watch *all* of the SLC games coverage by
using multiple VCRs and *lots* of fast forwarding through the crap. And
NBC will continue to have the Olympics to cover through 2010. Aren't we
just ****ing lucky. :-(


  #7  
Old July 3rd 03, 04:56 AM
The Real Bev
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:The Real Bev typed:

On the off-chance you're serious... The first (maybe only, I don't
keep up) year they had mountainbiking as an Olympic sport, the
women's event was won by an attractive blonde who had unzipped her
jersey during the race. The TV coverage was, of course, abysmal, but
there was a nice shot of the finish, with the camera centered on the
girl's chest. I think she was wearing a sports bra under the jersey.
At the time I was reading the MTB newsgroup, and her chest was the
subject of considerable discussion.


Okay, now I understand. I guess I missed that part of the Olympics
coverage. I just had no idea WTF MTB was or what you were referring to.


I think it lasted half an hour at the most.

So women aren't always interested in the touchy-feely crap about the
contestants and their heroic/tragic stories and guys aren't always
interested in technical proficiency.


I know that, but the network admits that the touchy feely is to get
the women to watch. I think if they actually spent more time showing
the athletic endeavors of the competitors more people, men and women,
would watch.


My mom loves the Dodgers, and she knows tons about the individual players,
including whose teams they play for now. Since almost all the Dodgers are
new, her allegiance is being partially transferred to the Angels. Anyway,
she loves sports even though she's never done any, and knowing about the
players is part of it. I like doing stuff and don't really care to watch
most of it and don't care about the personal crap about the players. One
for one :-(

As it is I was able to watch *all* of the SLC games coverage by
using multiple VCRs and *lots* of fast forwarding through the crap. And
NBC will continue to have the Olympics to cover through 2010. Aren't we
just ****ing lucky. :-(


Indeed. Every once in a while I would watch something, but the endless
replays of perky Kerrie Strug just about finished that for me.

--
Cheers, Bev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(On going to war over religion "You're basically killing each other
to see who's got the better imaginary friend." -- Rich Jeni
  #8  
Old July 3rd 03, 01:13 PM
Walt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

Personally, I'd dread having the Olympics come to town. Of course, the
chances of Detroit getting a bid is pretty darn small.


How about Marksmanship?


Actually, the murder rate is way down in Detroit - in fact there was a
news story this morning about how it's on track for the lowest murder
total in over 30 years.

Which just proves that the conservationists are right about what happens
when you over-hunt a population (c:

--
//-Walt
// Official Beer Taster for usenet
//
  #9  
Old July 3rd 03, 01:56 PM
pigo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!


"Walt" wrote in message
...
The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

Personally, I'd dread having the Olympics come to town. Of

course, the
chances of Detroit getting a bid is pretty darn small.


How about Marksmanship?


Actually, the murder rate is way down in Detroit - in fact there was a
news story this morning about how it's on track for the lowest murder
total in over 30 years.

Which just proves that the conservationists are right about what

happens
when you over-hunt a population (c:


I bet they never considered a population overhunting themselves though.


  #10  
Old July 3rd 03, 03:59 PM
David Off
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Congratulations to BC!!

lal_truckee wrote in message ...
The Real Bev wrote:
It wasn't women who were all agog at seeing whatshername's
partially-unzipped jersey when she won the women's MTB event!


I missed that - got a picture reference?




I assume you are talking about Paulo Pezzo. I've got a nice bike
calendar of her dressed as little red riding hood... with high heels
and stockings.

http://members.aol.com/worthcycle/paulo1.jpg

On a scale of two I'd probably give her one.

PP was banned for using Steriods. She used to be cuter when she was
younger and less drug addled.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 SkiBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.