available hotel rooms in european resorts

Old March 14th 06, 08:02 AM

Default available hotel rooms in european resorts

Can anyone tell me how busy resorts are in europe right now (14 march 2006)?

I have some free time and am thinking of booking a flight for tomorrow or
Thur, hiring a car and seeing where i end up. Current thoughts are fly to
Munich and then spend a few days in Hintertux or maybe St Anton. Am open to
suggestions for other areas that I can drive to from Munich. (though would
consider another airport if I can get a cheap flight from London).

Sorry this is such a generic request but I did this once before had had
major problems finding accommodation. Also pre-booking on the web seems
quite difficult, most places only want to take bookings Sat thru Sat.

thanks.

Old March 14th 06, 03:57 PM

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:02:56 -0000, "phm" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how busy resorts are in europe right now (14 march 2006)?

I have some free time and am thinking of booking a flight for tomorrow or
Thur, hiring a car and seeing where i end up. Current thoughts are fly to
Munich and then spend a few days in Hintertux or maybe St Anton. Am open to
suggestions for other areas that I can drive to from Munich. (though would
consider another airport if I can get a cheap flight from London).

Sorry this is such a generic request but I did this once before had had
major problems finding accommodation. Also pre-booking on the web seems
quite difficult, most places only want to take bookings Sat thru Sat.

Should not be a problem. The main season is over.
For accommodation at Switzerland can you look here
www.myswitzerland.com

Johannes
Old March 15th 06, 08:08 AM

Johannes wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:02:56 -0000, "phm" wrote:

Should not be a problem. The main season is over.
For accommodation at Switzerland can you look here
www.myswitzerland.com

Johannes

Thanks Johannes.

I've booked my flight and car. Heading out tomorrow (thur 15th Mar) for a
week. I've decided to head to Hintertux (which I know) for 2-3 days then
will likely spend the remaining days in Kitzbuhel (not been before)
providing conditions still look good at lower altitude. I'd appreciate any
recommendations for a reasonable hotel near the lifts in Kitzbuhel, or any
comments re the resort. Also, will parking be a problem?

Old March 15th 06, 10:20 AM

phm wrote:

providing conditions still look good at lower altitude. I'd appreciate any
recommendations for a reasonable hotel near the lifts in Kitzbuhel, or any
comments re the resort. Also, will parking be a problem?

Hotel Zur Tenne (http://www.hotelzurtenne.com/) is very gemuetlich.
It's
between 5 and 10 minutes from the Hahnenkamm lift.

Depends what your definition of reasonable is though...

Cheers
Iain.

Old March 15th 06, 10:52 AM

Memascii wrote:
phm wrote:

Hotel Zur Tenne (http://www.hotelzurtenne.com/) is very gemuetlich.
It's
between 5 and 10 minutes from the Hahnenkamm lift.

Depends what your definition of reasonable is though...

Thanks, that falls within my definition of reasonable, I've sent them a
request for availability / prices.

The other place that I'm interested in is the Tiefenbrunner
(http://www.hotel-tiefenbrunner.at/) - does anyone know how far that one is
from the lifts?