"Unlimited" XCZONE's hot new multisport DVD! Yeehaw!

Old October 6th 03, 10:54 PM
Jeff Potter

Default "Unlimited" XCZONE's hot new multisport DVD! Yeehaw!

Those Canucks really know how to do an outdoor sport movie.

None of this lame-o, poser stuff. It's all nature action all the time.
With freely applied rowdy music. (The director's explanation part of the
DVD says one of the main tunes was picked coz his young kid wanted it.
Now that's a good reason! Play it if someone wants to hear it! Can't
lose.)

The DVD is "Unlimited: clean oxygen fed sport." Has everyone been
watching theirs already?

OK, I'm already starting to feel, like, totally spoiled. I mean, what
more do we need in this life anyway? We have that guy's TV feed uploads
of XC racing to show us the best of how everyone is skiing with the
click of a button. --Or to show us how the rollerski world cup is doing.
I mean, everything we love is right there nowadays.

XCZONE came out with that last superhot XC film, now they come out with
this one! My gosh! I hope it never ends, that's for sure!

Their new flick "UNLIMITED" follows a trajectory we all know and love
and which no one else has paid attention to befo it shows what crazy
outdoor people do all year 'round. Simple. Turn the camera on people
doing their thing. Instant variety. Winter, spring, summer, fall,
winter, spring... Plus lots of extra features. GEEZOPETES!

And holy smokes I just now realized that I haven't even watched THE TECH
DVD YET! I've just been watching the MOVIE disc. Ha! More goodies ahoy.
What a goof. ---I bet it'll even have something on why to not bring your
feet together in V2.

Anyway, the darn movie starts as good as I could ask. Totally OYB: it's
a video-show (I don't know what you call these things) that looks retro
and is set up that way, to look like vintage 30's ski footage, of XC
people on long old wood skis and ole leather boots. Then some freak in
wool whips by doing a fool new skate move and the others join in. Fun
follows as people explore what you can do with big boards: including
some backwards tele action. Knickers in full deployment.

Then the whole rock'n'roll show starts in earnest and never lets up. You
get yer skiing. Then a movie of a showdown between rock-runnin fools and
mtbike champs on some great singletrack. Then bike racing, inline
racing, rollerski racing, triathloning, a bunch of adventure
racing...clapskating with Pilot-skates. My LORD! Toss in all kinds of
nature footage, wave-paddling, hanggliding, and it's pure overdose.

The director's version is neat to watch because you learn how hard and
tricky it all was to film. I guess filmmaker David had to do lots of
running in front of and behind bikes on singletrack carrying a
steadycam. Sounds like fun.

Did I say that Gatineau Park is HUGELY featured throughout??? WHAT A
PLACE! I've never been there. Of course I have to go. I've had to go for
years, now I really do. That RUINS stuff is wonderful! Why didn't y'all
tell us?

The DVD ends up with a great long video-song of a rockin guitar playing
dude in the Ruins with ski dudes and dudettes swirling around him the
whole time. That video hugely needs some MTV rotation.

Thanks, David and Lise! Keep makin movies!

OK, I'm going to pop on that darn Tech disk now.

Ya know...my bro took some footage of me doing canoe-poling in my
race-C1 a couple falls ago. The leaves looked lovely, the sun shining
thru the golden hull. Nice red'n'black checked jacket. And real nice
dyno action. That would make a nice movie. I should convert some of my
darn footage into whatever it is, MPEGs, and put em at my website. I
have a video card in this thing. I wonder how that all works. Well, ya
know, I find it's usually not that tricky: Pete just sent me a test
audio file for our audio version of his book. He couldn't play it much,
but I converted it and burned it onto a CD and it played in my stereo!
We're on our way there, for sure! Maybe movies next.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old October 10th 03, 02:05 PM
Chris Trapeni

Well, how can I resist after that glowing recommendation? I have
their other DVDs and would have bought this one as soon I knew it was
released anyway.

It was your writeup last year that got me buying Momentum, too! How
much commission are you getting on these reviews? :-)

Old October 10th 03, 05:16 PM
Tim Dudley

Jeff Potter wrote:

Did I say that Gatineau Park is HUGELY featured throughout??? WHAT A
PLACE! I've never been there. Of course I have to go. I've had to go for
years, now I really do. That RUINS stuff is wonderful! Why didn't y'all
tell us?

We've *been* telling you! Just not as well as this. Now you know why our
house prices are so out of sight!!

Anyway, the taxes are going up, and there's the government mentality to deal
with, and you gotta learn to say "eh" at the right time, and it's really
really really cold, and you probably wouldn't like it. I understand Vermont
is much nicer.

See you this winter!

Tim