School or ski bum first??

Old January 12th 05, 05:09 PM
skier150

Default School or ski bum first??

I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

Old January 12th 05, 05:13 PM
Black Metal Martha

skier150 wrote:
I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out

college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was

planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

For me personally, it was better to go out and work for a while and
have fun before I went to college. But that's something only you can
decide.

Martha

Old January 12th 05, 05:37 PM
Dick Gozinya

On 12 Jan 2005 10:09:46 -0800, "skier150"
wrote:

I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

You are kidding, right? As a junior in high school why even
contemplate this?
Complete school

"I am Homer of Borg. You will be assim...ooooohhh, donut"!
Old January 12th 05, 05:58 PM
VtSkier

skier150 wrote:
I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

Well, if you are planning to party at school, I would highly
suggest that it would be cheaper to party as a ski bum and then
go to college and actually study and work hard afterward.

You seem not to have made up your mind as to what you want to
do anyway. So why not sort it out and have some fund doing it.

Also if you want to move away from your home state, I could be
wise to establish residency in your new state of choice before
applying to college.

VtSkier (ex-ski bum)
When I was in college here in VT, I could juggle ski bumming and
school time. I would go to school the Fall and Summer semesters
and ski the spring semester. I came out with no student loans
to pay off. 'Course that was back in the '60's.
Old January 12th 05, 09:36 PM
Jon C

skier150 wrote:
I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

It would be pretty sad if skiing were the only thing making your life
worth living.

Especially if you got hurt and couldn't ski anymore
Old January 12th 05, 11:15 PM
pigo

"skier150" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

Both at the University of Utah. If you pick one over the other there's a
good chance you won't ever get to the other. I quit school for a year about
30 years ago.

Utah has a pretty prestigous med school and you get some skiing in too. The
mormon thing is a pain in the ass but luckily they have to be so stupid to
buy into that crap, they're easy to get around and ignore if necessary.

Have I mentioned how ****ing great Alta was today?

pigo

Old January 12th 05, 11:19 PM
pigo

"Jon C" wrote in message
skier150 wrote:
I'm planning on moving out west but i'm not sure if I want to go out to
college and party at college first or move out west and be a ski bum.
If i go to college I have a college in mind already and I was planning
on majoring in something medical so that it will help when i move out
west. If you have any comments or questions please respond.

It would be pretty sad if skiing were the only thing making your life
worth living.

But that's how it is if you're going to be a real ski bum. And there's
nothing wrong with it.

Especially if you got hurt and couldn't ski anymore

**** happens. I didn't get hurt but have grown out of it.

Just don't have kids and ruin everything. I ski bummed for 20 years, 2000
days of non working skiing. Get a night job so you can ski.

MY advice comes from experience. Keep your debit down. Ski on stormy days.
Work hard summers.

pigo

Old January 13th 05, 01:02 AM
skier150

This is after i finish high school. I'm tring to decide wether or not
to go to college first or move out west for a year

Old January 13th 05, 04:00 AM
Wayne Decker

What is out west to you? There are plenty of schools in WASC where you can
combine both--serious academics and plenty of skiing/riding--there are even
scholarships and internships.

--
I ski, therefore I am
oups.com...

Old January 13th 05, 04:43 AM
lal_truckee

Bob Lee wrote:

I notice you already have the email address for bumming.

899 people ahead of him at the top of the bowl.