anyone been to glencoe recently?

Old January 29th 05, 03:57 PM
robert jones

Default anyone been to glencoe recently?

I'm thinking of a trip up to Glencoe tomorrow. Anyone been there recently?
Old January 30th 05, 09:19 PM
Greg Hilton

trip reports are often posted on the forums he

www.winterhighland.com
Old January 31st 05, 06:27 PM
Adrian Tupper

Greg Hilton wrote in news:g4dLd.6885$_n.4551
@news.cpqcorp.net:

trip reports are often posted on the forums he

www.winterhighland.com

Good link.

I'm not sure of the accuracy of the report though. It was dated 30 Jan
and recommends Glenshee. According to their website, the lifts have
all closed owing to a lack of snow. :-(

--
Adrian
Old February 1st 05, 08:46 AM
Greg Hilton

Adrian Tupper wrote in
:

It was dated 30 Jan
and recommends Glenshee. According to their website, the lifts have
all closed owing to a lack of snow. :-(

yup, you need to be aware of that, I think it's been pretty warm hasn't it,
so 2 days will make a big difference to Scottish skiing!

fingers crossed that the forecast w/end snow turns up!
Old February 1st 05, 08:52 AM
Greg Hilton

Adrian Tupper wrote in
I'm not sure of the accuracy of the report though. It was dated 30 Jan
and recommends Glenshee. According to their website, the lifts have
all closed owing to a lack of snow. :-(

In fact this morning it does say:

To briefly summarise activity at the ski areas, they are all starting to
suffer at lower levels with the milder weather. Indeed, the Lecht and
Glenshee have now been forced to close for snowsports as the runs are now
broken, as they await further snow.
Old February 1st 05, 05:26 PM
Adrian Tupper

Greg Hilton wrote in
:

Adrian Tupper wrote in
:

It was dated 30 Jan
and recommends Glenshee. According to their website, the lifts have
all closed owing to a lack of snow. :-(

yup, you need to be aware of that, I think it's been pretty warm
hasn't it, so 2 days will make a big difference to Scottish skiing!

fingers crossed that the forecast w/end snow turns up!

Thursday apparently. There's some drizzle before then but I doubt
it will create much snow for the pistes.

With any luck it will dump until 8am Saturday morning!
--
Adrian
Old February 1st 05, 05:27 PM
Adrian Tupper

Greg Hilton wrote in
:

Adrian Tupper wrote in
I'm not sure of the accuracy of the report though. It was dated 30
Jan and recommends Glenshee. According to their website, the lifts
have all closed owing to a lack of snow. :-(

In fact this morning it does say:

To briefly summarise activity at the ski areas, they are all starting
to suffer at lower levels with the milder weather. Indeed, the Lecht
and Glenshee have now been forced to close for snowsports as the runs
are now broken, as they await further snow.

The moral is to check with more than one source. Good site though.

--
Adrian