Need some advanced Excel help

Old June 11th 11, 07:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

Default Need some advanced Excel help

VtSkier wrote:

Bull****

Especially when I've been drinking. Euclidean space and Cartesian
coordinates are so *rigid*.

//Walt

This reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It
goes a little something like this, "If you can't dazzle them with
brilliance, baffle them with bull****."

You didn't make that up! I'm older than you and I
heard it before you were born!

I dunno - (See below) - He DID follow it with an example...

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares

Old June 16th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jun 5, 7:42*pm, Walt wrote:
On 6/5/2011 9:15 PM, downhill wrote:

Yabahoobs wrote:

I'm trying to organize some data retrieved off a datalogger. *A
measurement was taken on 1 of 8 sampling chambers every 2 hours for a
month. *It's taking concentration of CO2 from the chamber. *The
measurement device cycles from one chamber to the next, ever 15
minutes, completing the cycle every 2 hrs. *A time and datestamp is
recorded as a numerical string for each measurement (from each
chamber).

So I have imported the resulting CSV file into Excel. *I need to
organize this data by chamber number (as the column heading). *To do
so, I need to retrieve every 8th value from another column and paste
that into the column for each chamber (1-8), so that :

This is trivial with a relational database that supports SQL. *Even M$
Access would be up to the task. *That said, it's probably solvable with
Excel, but I wouldn't try to use Excel to do it - too cumbersome and
ill-equipped to do serious number crunching.

I solve problems like this all the time, and my approach is to get the
data into an environment where I can query the data. Excel is just too
quirky to do any real number crunching.

//Walt

Yeah I've told to use the GUI-overlayed on the latest version of R.
Old June 16th 11, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jun 15, 7:07*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

Yeah I've told to use the GUI-overlayed on the latest version of R.

Hey C****, what's up. Long time. Did you ever do that "thing" over at
you know where? :-)

Old June 16th 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jun 16, 5:53*am, pigo wrote:
On Jun 15, 7:07*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

Yeah I've told to use the GUI-overlayed on the latest version of R.

Hey C****, what's up. Long time. Did you ever do that "thing" over at
you know where? :-)

Holy ****, how dickless can Tranny Boob get? His name is Chris, Brain
Fried.
What thing is that? The same thing you two did at the IDAHO PUSSY
PARTY?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
How humiliating for both of you. Take it to email, dumb****.