recommended lodging for Swedish vasaloppet

Old September 14th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bill Callas

Default recommended lodging for Swedish vasaloppet

My wife and I plan on racing the Swedish Vasaloppet this year. Does anyone
have any recommendations for lodging?

--
Bill Callas

Old September 14th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
David Dermott

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Bill Callas wrote:

My wife and I plan on racing the Swedish Vasaloppet this year. Does anyone
have any recommendations for lodging?

I haven't stayed there but it seems like MaalkullAnn's Bed and Breakfast
& Vandrarhem (hostel) would be ideal since it's right at the VL finish
line in Mora. You'll probably have to book YEARS in advance though! There is
a website, but I don't see an English version:
http://www.maalkullann.se/

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email:

Old September 15th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
FrontRunner

Get started now! Toughest lodging to get on the World Loppet. E-Mail the
area tourist folks and the race as a start.

The FrontRunner

Old September 15th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim Kelley

My wife and I have reservations at the same B&B we stayed at for last
year's race. Its fairly close to downtown Mora that was within walking
distance to events (although the walk after the race was not fun).
There is a chance that I may be switching job positions prior to the
race (won't know until mid-winter) and if I do then I won't be able to
race due to a meeting that conflicts with race week - which will suck
very very much. If I get the job I may try to negotiate my way out of
the meeting so I can race the Vasaloppet.

I would look into B&Bs because they are cheaper than motels (I think).
Good luck.

Jim Kelley

Old September 18th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eddy Rapid

Hi Bill,

I've booked at Kristineberg Hotell in Mora which I booked through
www.trehotell.nu
I can't say that I recommend it, since it'll be my first time staying
there!

As has been said already, you should book early to maximize your
chances. Vasaloppet accommodation is in very high demand in Mora from
what I've found.

Best,

Parham.