Sorry the link didn't work. Paste this one into your browser

Old July 27th 05, 07:13 PM
Wayne Decker

Default Sorry the link didn't work. Paste this one into your browser

I've had a devil of a time getting the links from HP photo to work. Try
pasting this one into your browser

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...ord=4381 7852

--
I ski, therefore I am

Old July 27th 05, 08:28 PM
The Real Bev

Wayne Decker wrote:

I've had a devil of a time getting the links from HP photo to work. Try
pasting this one into your browser

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...ord=4381 7852

Yet another Mozilla-killing site :-( Having bought HP at the absolute top,
I'm getting punished by them in lots of other ways too.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 28th 05, 01:26 AM
lal_truckee

The Real Bev wrote:
Wayne Decker wrote:

I've had a devil of a time getting the links from HP photo to work. Try
pasting this one into your browser

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...ord=4381 7852

Yet another Mozilla-killing site :-( Having bought HP at the absolute top,
I'm getting punished by them in lots of other ways too.

They won't let me view the pics; apparently they want me to register?
Screw em and the MBA the rode in on.
Old July 28th 05, 02:27 AM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Wayne Decker wrote:

I've had a devil of a time getting the links from HP photo to work. Try
pasting this one into your browser

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...ord=4381 7852

Yet another Mozilla-killing site :-( Having bought HP at the absolute top,
I'm getting punished by them in lots of other ways too.

They won't let me view the pics; apparently they want me to register?
Screw em and the MBA the rode in on.

Konqueror worked, nobody asked me to register. Nice photos. For such small
pix they take an awful long time to load (probably Carly's fault), but they're
still awful good.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 28th 05, 05:42 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Wayne Decker wrote:

I've had a devil of a time getting the links from HP photo to work.

Try
pasting this one into your browser

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...wdecker&passwo

rd=43817852

Yet another Mozilla-killing site :-( Having bought HP at the absolute

top,
I'm getting punished by them in lots of other ways too.

They won't let me view the pics; apparently they want me to register?
Screw em and the MBA the rode in on.

Konqueror worked, nobody asked me to register. Nice photos. For such

small
pix they take an awful long time to load (probably Carly's fault), but

they're
still awful good.

The biggest mistake Carly made, was when they split the computer and
instrument product lines into two businesses, she named the wrong one
Hewlett-Packard.

Old July 28th 05, 03:44 PM
lal_truckee

The Real Bev wrote:

probably Carly's fault

Self.Insert(tongue,cheek,firmly)

Yep. Women make great engineers and scientists and mathematicians but
they have no people sense so they can't manage worth squat.

Self.Remove(tongue,cheek,humbly)
Old July 28th 05, 08:00 PM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

probably Carly's fault

Self.Insert(tongue,cheek,firmly)

Yep. Women make great engineers and scientists and mathematicians but
they have no people sense so they can't manage worth squat.

Self.Remove(tongue,cheek,humbly)

No need. It has been my experience that when it comes to stupidity there
really isn't a whole lot of difference between men and women.

Today's idiocy: I'm approaching a signaled intersection on my bicycle, riding
in the gutter as usual -- it's an uphill and old ladies in electric scooters
can easily pass me). Ahead of me are two cars signaling for a right turn. I
obligingly and properly slow down so that they can make their turns without
making me actually stop. The light is green. The cow in the first car
stops. The car behind her stops. Finally the first car makes the turn. The
second car creeps forward, still signaling, but not making any attempt to
turn. I lag behind, recognizing the danger in getting within squashing
distance of an idiot in an Expedition. Expedition stops. I move up
cautiously. When I could finally see the driver (we're still 15 feet from the
actual intersection) she started gesturing at me. I yelled at her that she
should learn how to goddam drive and forged ahead through the intersection --
I figured if she actually saw me she'd have to deliberately run over me, which
she probably didn't want to do. I assume she turned because she was gone when
we came back half an hour later.

There's something about seeing a bicycle that makes dumb people even dumber.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 28th 05, 08:56 PM
bdubya

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:00:04 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

[...]

My fave as a motorist is when I'm at a 4-way stop with a bicyclist
approaching on the cross street - if I proceed normally, the cyclist
invariably blows through his sign and gets ****ed at me for expecting
him to yield (if not actually stop), but if I sit and wait so he can
blow through and keep his momentum , he'll always stop, wait, and look
at me like I'm crazy. Even if I'm waving him through.

And when I'm on inline skates, BOTH camps have it in for me. If it
weren't for my trouble-anticipation-and-avoidance skills (honed, of
course, through years of skiing crowded hills), I wouldn't last a
week.

bw
Old July 29th 05, 09:18 AM
BrritSki

The Real Bev wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

probably Carly's fault

Self.Insert(tongue,cheek,firmly)

Yep. Women make great engineers and scientists and mathematicians but
they have no people sense so they can't manage worth squat.

Self.Remove(tongue,cheek,humbly)

No need. It has been my experience that when it comes to stupidity there
really isn't a whole lot of difference between men and women.

We're watching Series 2 of the Apprentice over here and the girls' team
are making the waife ashamed to be a woman.
OTOH, Donald Trump...
Old July 29th 05, 11:55 PM
The Real Bev

BrritSki wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

It has been my experience that when it comes to stupidity there
really isn't a whole lot of difference between men and women.

We're watching Series 2 of the Apprentice over here and the girls' team
are making the waife ashamed to be a woman.
OTOH, Donald Trump...

Whatever you say about his hair, DT has managed to do quite a lot with other
people's money. I'm ashamed of you both for even watching!

--
Cheers,
Bev

Skiing at work JCZ Nordic Skiing 2 January 27th 05 10:28 PM
Breck control work (was Control Work at Alta, Today, 12/10/04 Let Mikey Ski It! Alpine Skiing (moderated) 5 December 15th 04 03:34 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Alpine Skiing 0 November 9th 04 08:33 PM
reactive force in Classic striding Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 5 August 10th 04 05:44 PM
Work and traning Bob Creasote Nordic Skiing 4 October 2nd 03 04:48 AM