What gets your attention?

Old January 30th 06, 05:16 AM

Default What gets your attention?

I am currently taking an Advertising class and my current assignement
is to design an advertisment for a snowboard only mountain. As I am
reletively new the the sport I wanted to get some input as to what in
an advertisment would get your attention. Are there any key phrases or
ideas revolving around the sport that I should incoporate into this ad?

Any input offered is greatly appreciated.

Old January 30th 06, 11:22 AM

Jecka, where are you from? What is your target audience? Is that for a
snowboard magazine add? What is your product, mountain, board or some other
equipment, ...?

Google some magazine and snowboard sites, there you will find lingo
dictionaries. Read as much as you can. If big mountain crowd is your target,
than look for "powder", "heliboard", "backcountry", etc. everything out of
resorts.

Then go to manufacturers sites and look how they shape the market.

Mix all together and make us get your attention, #]

In the end it should show us that you understand what we are all about and
why we do it.. get some emotion from us...

Just a thought..

D'amir

--
____________________________

oups.com...

Old January 30th 06, 03:30 PM

Hey

What a fun exercise..! 2 min. of brainstorming yielded these two
slogans:

"Let your soul ride free.."

and

"The most beautiful color is... none" (i.e. white)

Whew - probably a good thing I chose to become an engineer rather than
a career in advertising! Hooray for anonymity on the internet )

/JS

Old January 30th 06, 04:02 PM

"Jecka" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am currently taking an Advertising class and my current assignement
is to design an advertisment for a snowboard only mountain. As I am
reletively new the the sport I wanted to get some input as to what in
an advertisment would get your attention. Are there any key phrases or
ideas revolving around the sport that I should incoporate into this ad?

Any input offered is greatly appreciated.

I'd say anything that says "FREE" or "DISCOUNT" is a pretty good start. If
it were a snowboard only mountain, then that would get my attention.

"Screw Taos, now you've got *your* own."

Anything remotely rebellious.

Old January 30th 06, 04:24 PM

I am currently taking an Advertising class and my current assignement
is to design an advertisment for a snowboard only mountain. As I am
reletively new the the sport I wanted to get some input as to what in
an advertisment would get your attention. Are there any key phrases or
ideas revolving around the sport that I should incoporate into this ad?

One thing your snowboard-only mountain will clearly *not* appeal to is
families or groups that include a mix of skiers and boarders, you can safely
take those out of your target audience. Did they give you any parameters
in terms of what your mountain is like - what kinds of terrain? If it's a
smaller mountain close to an urban area then I would recommend marketing
towards freestyle youth. If it;'s a huge mountain with high altitude, lots
of steeps etc than I would market to a more varied clientele. If that's
not a parameter of the assignment, then pick whatever you think is easier.

Mike T

Old January 30th 06, 05:00 PM

"Schralp the Gnar"

Old January 30th 06, 08:55 PM

So I have got a little more information.....

It is open all night
a reletively small local mountain
The ad I am going to be designing is for the local markets to get
people's attention to come to the mountain.

Great ideas so far!! thanks!!!

Old January 31st 06, 12:23 AM

The Mountain is in NH. It is an Ad just for local Papers. The product
is the mountain itself which is a snowboard only mountain that is open
all night.

Old February 1st 06, 09:39 AM

'Skiers Welcome'

--