tahoe to truckee race 3/5 question

Old March 2nd 06, 03:04 PM

Default tahoe to truckee race 3/5 question

i know truckee is a small town but i am not up there much and i need to
be at the bus to the start at 0700 and i want to be able to find the
spot easily. last year a friend drove this year i drive. i have an old
landcruiser.
coming from sacramento what is the best offramp to take and is it the
tahoe truckee regional park where we wait/park?
in other words i need a foolproof way to get there in the dark and
hopefully clear weather.
TIA.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:49 PM

There are a bunch of ways to do it; here is what I would recommend:

80 east in the direction of Reno (you knew this part)
take exit - rte 89 south to lake tahoe
right at bottom of ramp (roundabout there now), past mickey-d's,
albertsons shopping mall (both on right)
go under railroad bridge (narrow)
take left at next light (50ft) - mobile home park on left. This is
west river road or street or something
Drive West river road until it dead ends into 267
take a right on 267, go over truckee river, there will be a northstar
billboard blasting you in the face
head up hill, and look for sign for Cottonwoods (about 100 meters) on
right
that's where you park - you'll figure it out from there. there will be
people to direct you.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:51 PM

get off at the second truckee exit (the tahoe city rd. but you go N to
the safeway/mountain hardware). directions from there are he

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newa...us&ter r=3003

from the map on the GSR web site it looks like the 3rd exit would work
as well...

http://www.thegreatskirace.com/directions.html

Old March 2nd 06, 04:58 PM

(current forecast for Sat 7 AM in Truckee is 11F!)--

YES! I'm striding....rode super blue, here I come!

bt

Old March 3rd 06, 12:46 AM

thankyou everybody. see you at the race!