OK, so who was anyone at the Olys? I still can't tell! No Nat'l ID on hardly any suits!!!

Old February 27th 06, 01:18 AM

Default OK, so who was anyone at the Olys? I still can't tell! No Nat'l ID on hardly any suits!!!

ARGH!

I followed some of the Oly XC events but even now looking at the 50k
pics I still can't tell who any of the skiers are or which teams they
are on.

Like probably 99% of the population, I don't memorize suit colors. But
that wouldn't help anyway.

It's so stupid!

The ONLY time in this whole Olys that I might've seen skiers ID'ed is
on the podium---so that would help me see a few primary colors in
various combinations along with some names. Actually, I never really
cared to look at podium shots.

I probably saw an hour of footage and a few dozen photos----I still
can't tell you what suits go with what countries!!!!

Right now, looking at this link, I can confidently ID the Russian
skier(s) because it says RUSSIA on the leg of the suit. (Probably
Sweden is white/blue/yellow. Italy seems to be blue with white
swirl---but who knows who else has blue with minor variations on the
white swirl.)

USA skiers were never given any coverage at all in the TV action that I
watched, so I just don't know what their suit is/was.

Does the USA have blue body and red arms and lower legs?

http://www.fasterskier.com/racing3161.html

Grrr....

--JP

Old February 27th 06, 01:28 AM

OK, I finally went over to TeamToday.org and, wow, those are some great
pics that Pete took! How he can be hustling all over the place AND
snapping pics? Crazy! But thankfully he also puts names to images. So,
I'm now gathering that the US team had TWO suit colors? ---A black with
white stripe AND a blue with red legs/arms? Whew! I'm probably still in
the dark... But it's a help. --JP

Old February 27th 06, 01:54 AM

Pott, I suspectt you'd like the look of these Swedish biathlon suits
-- rather old-school.

http://www.sok.se/nyheter/nyheter/ny...580007084.html

JFT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old February 27th 06, 01:01 PM

"Tom," I don't think that even a key would help the average fan. Maybe
if it was put up alongside every race image. For live action? Forget
it. The only solution is to put the country name on the suit somehow.
And the skier's name, too---as in popular ballsports. --JP