Lillehammer next week

Old March 1st 06, 12:40 PM

Default Lillehammer next week

We are off to Lillehammer on Saturday. I'm wondering whether it is
worth taking my metal-edged skis with 3 pin bindings. I'd like to get
up on the mountain trails if possible. Skis with edges and a bit of
side-cut might be useful but last time I was in Norway I found the
bindings scraped the side of the tracks. This was annoying especially
as the tracks were only just too narrow and we weren't the only ones
using that kind of binding.
Anyway I shall hire skis for the lowland tracks but are the mountain
trails cut differently? (Last year we visited in January and the
mountain trails weren't open)
Any other suggestions about what to take or do?
andyb

Old March 1st 06, 03:46 PM

Besides, there are _no_ mountains in the Lillehammer area anyway. :-)
Yes, I realised that when I had a closer look at the map!
All my skis have 3 pin bindings so I think I'll leave them at home.
Thanks
andyb

Old March 2nd 06, 06:29 PM

I don't recall seeing anything around Lillehammer that would require
backcountry gear. Even the highest trails we skiied above the
Birkebeiner trail were machine groomed.

Randy