Coorrrr.....bucketloads!

Old January 18th 05, 05:01 PM
John Ricketts

Default Coorrrr.....bucketloads!

Just checked the snow-forecast.....120cms for Argentiere over the next 6
days...but with strong gales from the North veering Northwest where in the
valley will it all end up?

Old January 18th 05, 05:32 PM
Simon Brown

"John Ricketts" wrote in message
. uk...
Just checked the snow-forecast.....120cms for Argentiere over the next 6
days...but with strong gales from the North veering Northwest where in the
valley will it all end up?

Here with any luck :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 18th 05, 08:53 PM
Steve Haigh

John Ricketts wrote:

Just checked the snow-forecast.....120cms for Argentiere over the next 6
days...but with strong gales from the North veering Northwest where in the
valley will it all end up?

Wherever is ends up there'll be serious avalanche risk if it's very windy.
Old January 19th 05, 06:14 AM
Simon Brown

Snowing gently here - www.laax.ch !
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 19th 05, 06:35 PM
Neil Swingler

Simon Brown wrote:
"John Ricketts" wrote in message
. uk...

Just checked the snow-forecast.....120cms for Argentiere over the next 6
days...but with strong gales from the North veering Northwest where in the
valley will it all end up?

Here with any luck :-)

Talking about 1m on Swiss radio.

Too much powder for me. I'm off to Puy Saint Vincent for some decent
piste action!

--
Neil Swingler
Old January 20th 05, 09:32 AM
Champ

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:35:20 +0100, Neil Swingler
wrote:

Too much powder for me.

Wha?

--
Champ
Old January 20th 05, 09:35 AM
Ace

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:32:05 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:35:20 +0100, Neil Swingler
wrote:

Too much powder for me.

Wha?

s'wot I fort, but then I remembered that as little as six years ago I
was still struggling to ski powder properly.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 20th 05, 09:47 AM
MoonMan

wrote:

Too much powder for me.

Wha?

s'wot I fort, but then I remembered that as little as six years ago I
was still struggling to ski powder properly.

Well I can't ski powder properly yet, so give me some nice untracked to
practice on

Chris *:-)

Old January 20th 05, 10:22 AM
Paul \( Skiing8 \)

wrote:

Too much powder for me.

Wha?

s'wot I fort, but then I remembered that as little as six years ago I
was still struggling to ski powder properly.

Well I can't ski powder properly yet, so give me some nice untracked to
practice on

Chris *:-)

How Dare You!!!!!! ( ------ said in a max and paddy style)

actually joking aside, the best practice that I found for powder is semi
tracked out, it is a bit more forgiving.
Also, skiing in the spring slush taught me alot about general movements
needed to handle the powder, in the slush you can't force skiis into a turn,
it teaches you alot about carving too. I used to hate the slushy conditions
until I learned to just relax and carve over the top of it.

Paul

Old January 20th 05, 10:31 AM
MoonMan

Paul ( Skiing8 ) wrote:

wrote:

Too much powder for me.

Wha?

s'wot I fort, but then I remembered that as little as six years ago
I was still struggling to ski powder properly.

Well I can't ski powder properly yet, so give me some nice untracked
to practice on

Chris *:-)

How Dare You!!!!!! ( ------ said in a max and paddy style)

actually joking aside, the best practice that I found for powder is
semi tracked out, it is a bit more forgiving.
Also, skiing in the spring slush taught me alot about general
movements needed to handle the powder, in the slush you can't force
skiis into a turn, it teaches you alot about carving too. I used to
hate the slushy conditions until I learned to just relax and carve
over the top of it.

I think I can cope with "the semi tracked out" stuff now, it's the untracked
stuff I still have a problem with

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!