Nordic Combined LH / 10 KM race

Old February 25th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
rec.skiing.nordic

Default Nordic Combined LH / 10 KM race

Gold and Silver for the U.S.!!! Demong finishes first, Spillane +4.0
and Gruber (AUS) takes the Bronze.

I am still in a daze. Men's U.S. Nordic Combined Team: Three events
and four medals.
Not to bad! ; - )
Old February 26th 10, 08:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

rec.skiing.nordic wrote:
Gold and Silver for the U.S.!!! Demong finishes first, Spillane +4.0
and Gruber (AUS) takes the Bronze.

I am still in a daze. Men's U.S. Nordic Combined Team: Three events
and four medals.
Not to bad! ; - )

Congratulations, it was great to watch.

The only sad part though was that the jumping was a big travesty, with
extremely variable conditions, even after restarting the event after 35
jumps:

Some got very lucky (Grüber?), many were more or less OK, and some got
_very_ unlucky, like Magnus Moan and the French world cup leader (I
won't even try to spell his name from memory!) who both had to start 2+
minutes behind, after very good jumps.

(BTW, when they decided to restart the jumping, Norway had a double
lead, in the second attempt both of those guys were more than a minute
behind.)

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old February 26th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Demong has been on verge of such a win, but too bad it was tainted by
the impossible jumping conditions that some of the top competitors
faced.

Gene

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

Old February 26th 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Has anyone seen any nordic combined torrents come through?
I've got the mislabeled ski portion of the normal hill
event. But I've been looking for the relay and large hill
stuff and haven't come across anything. Basil doesn't
appear to be following it.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 26th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

To follow that up, see
http://fasterskier.com/2010/02/europ...-noco-jumping/

"“Had this been a World Cup event, they would have cancelled today, and
used the provisional jump,” said Dave Jarrett, the head coach of the
American nordic combined team.

At the Olympics, though, no provisional jump is held, and Jarrett said
that yesterday’s bad weather would have precluded one, anyway. As for a
delay or postponement, Jarrett said many teams have flights scheduled
for tomorrow—and that cluttered television lineups give officials
little choice but to push ahead.

“The T.V. drives the times,” he said. “When you have the Olympics on
such a tight schedule, that doesn’t leave much room for error.”

Gene

Old February 27th 10, 05:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Chris Cole

rec.skiing.nordic wrote:
Gold and Silver for the U.S.!!! Demong finishes first, Spillane +4.0
and Gruber (AUS) takes the Bronze.

I'm pretty sure Gruber is not Australian, but we'll take credit for it
if you like?? :-)

Cheers,
Chris
Old February 27th 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 27, 1:58*am, Chris Cole wrote:
rec.skiing.nordic wrote:
Gold and Silver for the U.S.!!! * Demong finishes first, Spillane +4.0
and Gruber (AUS) takes the Bronze.

I'm pretty sure Gruber is not Australian, but we'll take credit for it
if you like?? :-)

Whoops. I obviously got the abbreviation wrong, but
according to Sustain Resources 'AUS' it not the abbreviation for any
country.
It would have simply been easier if the U.S. had just swept the
podium. ; - )

FWIW:
AT = Austria
AU = Australia
Old February 27th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Whoops. I obviously got the abbreviation wrong, but
according to Sustain Resources 'AUS' it not the abbreviation for any
country.
It would have simply been easier if the U.S. had just swept the
podium. ; - )

FWIW:
AT = Austria
AU = Australia

The IOC abbreviation for the two countries is
AUT = Austria
AUS = Australia