Petter N: Skiing on new skis for the first time ever in the teamsprints!

Old February 23rd 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default Petter N: Skiing on new skis for the first time ever in the teamsprints!

We've seen reports here that Petter's best skis had been damaged somehow
(burnt?) before the first event of the Olympics.

Yesterday we read that Fischer was trying to get him a new pair, today
Petter confirmed on NRK that the skis he used on the team sprints were
so new that he had only been able to try them a couple of times the last
couple of days, but never skied seriously before deciding to take the
gamble.

I must say that this sort of goes against all the waxing advice I've
read here, about how skis must be waxed and skied in a lot before they
get really good?

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old February 23rd 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Douglas

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

One of the best Ski Techs in the US says hot box new skis with warm
wax followed by a blue wax to harden the base and the skis are good to
go. I would think Norway has a Swix portable Hot Box with them in
Vancouver.

-Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

One of the best Ski Techs in the US says hot box new skis with warm
wax followed by a blue wax to harden the base and the skis are good to
go. I would think Norway has a Swix portable Hot Box with them in
Vancouver.

I think we can take that for granted!

When they ship a huge stone grinder all the way to Whistler, all those
smaller items can just ride along in the container. :-)

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old February 24th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Douglas

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

So you answered your own question. If they can prep skis in Vancouver
with a hot box and a Tazzari stone grinder they must be good enough
for Petter.