New XC ski club at Michigan State Univ.! : )

Old October 23rd 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

Default New XC ski club at Michigan State Univ.! : )

Students at MSU are starting a new XC ski club. First one ever!

I went to their first meeting last night. About a dozen showed up with
another 8 who couldn't make it but are on the email list.

Only a couple kids know how to ski and have equipment. There's mostly
a touring interest.

Thankfully, there are ski areas in town with rentals. One shop sells
touring stuff.

I'm volunteering to help out in the skills, etc., dept for anyone who
wants it.

We have a good half dozen places to ski locally on skier-skied-in
trails, but a couple trails are groomed.

Let's see if some fun materializes. : ) It's good to see some young
folks eager to get outside.

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com
Old October 24th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Good for you. Now maybe you'll be able to use those teaching tips
you've been contemplating.

Gene

Old November 3rd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Emily

On Oct 23, 4:08*pm, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote:
Students at MSU are starting a new XC ski club. First one ever!

I went to their first meeting last night. About a dozen showed up with
another 8 who couldn't make it but are on the email list.

Only a couple kids know how to ski and have equipment. There's mostly
a touring interest.

Thankfully, there are ski areas in town with rentals. One shop sells
touring stuff.

I'm volunteering to help out in the skills, etc., dept for anyone who
wants it.

We have a good half dozen places to ski locally on skier-skied-in
trails, but a couple trails are groomed.

Let's see if some fun materializes. *: ) *It's good to see some young
folks eager to get outside.

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

Hi! I am an MSU student, and I have tried to find information about
this club, but it is not on the MSU website. So I decided to google
it, and this came up! I was wondering if you could give me any info
about the XC skiing club! Thanks!
Old November 11th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
M.E.T.

wrote:
[...]

about the XC skiing club! Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

If there's anyone planning for weekend road trips, let me know.

Em,
how was the rollerski with Margy BTW?