Torrents from Sapporo '07 available?

Old March 18th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

Default Torrents from Sapporo '07 available?

On Mar 17, 7:13 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:42:55 -0700 (PDT), "Jeff Potter (of

OutYourBackdoor.com)" wrote:
Survival shows, as mentioned, seem to readily catch the dynamic
aspects of remote outdoor action.

I thought the popularity of those shows was mainly about the personal
interaction, and not the outdoor action

Not the Survivor "voting" show (which does have a lot of nice scenery)
but the survival-skills shows---there are at least 2 of them. Man vs.
Wild---which shows lots of running, jumping, trail action in the
wild---and Survivorman, a more sober Canadian show---where the star
does much of his own footage, I think. But all of these shows do show
a LOT of outdoor scenery---which probably was NOT as easily available
in shows 10 years ago.

Sure, there have always been "outdoor sportsmen" shows, but I recall
tales of heroic cameramen and feats of hauling a LOT of junk around
the bush. My hunch is that outdoor taping has been hugely liberated
recently thanks to high-tech.

There are a TON more outdoor shows today thanks to cheap, small,
simple digi-vidi-cams.

I think all these "not in studio" shows have benefited from tech. The
new tech has totally changed, revolutionized TV, video.

Heck, we should even be seeing helmet cams in XC footage...
Old March 18th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
Sure, there have always been "outdoor sportsmen" shows, but I recall
tales of heroic cameramen and feats of hauling a LOT of junk around
the bush. My hunch is that outdoor taping has been hugely liberated
recently thanks to high-tech.

There are a TON more outdoor shows today thanks to cheap, small,
simple digi-vidi-cams.

You _really_ need to check out NRK's "Nordkalotten 365" series, 8 shows
about how Lars Monsen spent a full year in the area of northern Norway,
Sweden, Finland.

http://nrkbeta.no/norwegian-broadcasting-nrk-makes-popular-series-available-drm-free-via-bittorrent/

You'll find the 8 torrent links a bit down on this page:
http://nrkbeta.no/last-ned-lars-monsens-nordkalotten-365-gratis-og-i-full-kvalitet/

He uses a Sony HD camera, filming everything in 1080i, then NRK
downscaled to PAL (704x576, rectangular pixels, 16x9 format) for the
regular showing.

Lars has to cover a lot of stretches three times, to first setup the
camera, then walk/paddle back and do it again with load for the filming,
and finally retrieve the camera again. Very impressive stuff!

Afterwards they've put everything on BitTorrent, in 720p format!

I.e. this is totally legal BT files hosted by NRK, in better resolution
than the official screening. :-)

Terje
--
-