Videos from Holmenkollen online

Old March 8th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Oskar K

Default Videos from Holmenkollen online

Womens 30km:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4070512

1. Valentina Shevchenko
2. Charlotte Kalla
3. Claudia Nystad

Mens 50km:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4070516

My favourite Södergren crushed everyone else and won over two and a
half minute before second place!

1. Anders Södergren
2. Lukas Bauer
3. Remo Fischer

Old March 9th 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Thanks for uploading, Oskar! You're an Angel! =)

I had recorded it myself and watched it in the evening/night but then
when I was going to save it to DVD this morning, the DVD player's hard
disk turned out to have lost track of all its recordings and told that
I had to reformat...

Holmenkollen certainly is the last really tough race in the XC skiing
World Cup, so it was really lovely to first see Kalla perform so well,
and then Södergren's tour-de-force on top of that...

In my opinion, winning (or being, say, top 3 in) Holmenkollen, Tour
de Ski and the complete World Cup are the most impressive things you
can do as a World Cup XC skier. =)

/ Niklas
Old March 9th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 Degrees B

THANKS OSKAR !!
great interviews with Bjorn, Thomas, and Vegard too ...
I'm watching now, download complete AND its SUPER high quality ...
love it!!
JKal.

Old March 9th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

wrote:
Thanks for uploading, Oskar! You're an Angel! =)

I had recorded it myself and watched it in the evening/night but then
when I was going to save it to DVD this morning, the DVD player's hard
disk turned out to have lost track of all its recordings and told that
I had to reformat...

Ouch!

I won't know until tonight if my Dreambox managed to get this weekend's
races, but I did get to watch most of them on NRK, in between skiing
trips. :-)

Holmenkollen certainly is the last really tough race in the XC skiing
World Cup, so it was really lovely to first see Kalla perform so well,
and then Södergren's tour-de-force on top of that...

Anders was a clear case of a well-deserved win: I have really felt sorry
for him in lots of big mass start races where he's been doing an awful
lot of pulling, only to be sprinted down close to the finish.

In my opinion, winning (or being, say, top 3 in) Holmenkollen, Tour
de Ski and the complete World Cup are the most impressive things you
can do as a World Cup XC skier. =)

I guess I'd add the Olympics as well, simply because most racers will
only have two or three (max) attempts during their career.

Terje

/ Niklas

--
-
Old March 9th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Oskar K

Guys, you're welcome. The production is so much better than the swedish
tv. Sweden has two commentators there and norway had like 6 people not
including all the interviewees? It was really nice that they were
interviewing Södergrens dad along the way!

/o

Old March 9th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

I got 2 hours of video watching in the morning, followed by 2.5 hour of
skiing in the afternoon - PERFECT conditions here in Michigan. We have tons
of snow and still cold temps - today it was 10 deg F when I left the house,
warming to 24 deg F.

JKal.

Old March 9th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

I recorded both races from Eurosport, but 50km wasn't complete because
Eurosport showed 50 minutes long biathlon after first hour of race.
Now I'll have it complete, thank you for this torrent