Where to be a ski bum?

Old September 8th 04, 06:04 AM
802.11n

Default Where to be a ski bum?

Two years ago I lived in Mammoth Lakes for the winter. I'm thinking
about doing it again this year, but this time in Jackson Hole. Anyone
have any better ideas as to where to live this winter??
Please back up your answers as to why its' a better place than Jackson
Hole.
Old September 8th 04, 09:07 AM
BrritSki

802.11n wrote:

Two years ago I lived in Mammoth Lakes for the winter. I'm thinking
about doing it again this year, but this time in Jackson Hole. Anyone
have any better ideas as to where to live this winter??
Please back up your answers as to why its' a better place than Jackson
Hole.

I think there's a camper somewhere near the gym with a spare berth.

Take earplugs...
Old September 8th 04, 04:38 PM
lal_truckee

802.11n wrote:

Two years ago I lived in Mammoth Lakes for the winter. I'm thinking
about doing it again this year, but this time in Jackson Hole. Anyone
have any better ideas as to where to live this winter??
Please back up your answers as to why its' a better place than Jackson
Hole.

Nothing wrong with Jackson for Bumming.

Do be aware that Winter lasts twice as long at Mammoth as at Jackson, as
measured by lift operation (a poor measure, but what else you got?)
Old September 9th 04, 01:52 AM
FHemmer209

Terd Fartingmor wrote:

My winter home in Florida.

Yeah, especially with the storm totals the last three weeks! And another on the
way. To bad we can't harness this and send it to the mountains in the winter.
What a waste of precipitation here.

why its' a better place than Jackson
Hole.

Better looking chicks.

Very true, although ironically I met my wife in Jackson on a ski trip.

Hope your Florida home is OK.

Fred

Old September 9th 04, 05:13 PM
Clint

I would suggest checking out the interior BC areas and other parts of the
Rockies in Canada with the exception of Whistler. You asked for reasons to
back this up - easy ... just take a good look at the exchange rates between
US and Canada. Your US dollars will take you further in Canada and the
skiing, especially in Western Canada is great.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Art

om...