CSM Ski Conditions?

Old February 7th 05, 11:20 PM
K&KA J.

Default CSM Ski Conditions?

Anyone living in the vicinity of Ottawa, Gatineau or Montreal who might give
an update about trail conditions were likely to face at the Canadian Ski
Marathon, please.

Old February 8th 05, 01:43 AM
Eddy Rapid

"K&KA J." wrote in message news:OzTNd.6277
Anyone living in the vicinity of Ottawa, Gatineau or Montreal who might
give
an update about trail conditions were likely to face at the Canadian Ski
Marathon, please.

Too early to tell yet. We are getting rain tonight, and freezing drizzle
tomorrow, but are forecasted to get periods of snow on Wednesday. So long
as the temp drops below freezing, as per forecast, then the lake crossings
should be OK, and they can groom over ice, assuming the base is enough.

Here's the weather links for Lachute:
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html

Papineau/Montebello:
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html

and Gatineau:
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html

Parham (CSM#166).

Old February 8th 05, 01:01 PM
Me

Other good links can be found at:

www.xcottawa.ca

(including links to amount of snow cover (very general), weather, Gatineau
park trail conditions, etc.).

Old February 10th 05, 11:24 AM
Eddy Rapid

Well things are looking better. We've been getting some snow last night and
today: ~5cm and the temps are dropping. I think waxing will be interesting
with some snow over an icy and abrasive base: probably klister
binder+klister+hardwax on top kind of thing. The hill sections will also
need some care and caution. Don't forget to bring some wax remover (I take
mine in a film container, with fiberline soaked in it, and sealed with duct
tape) in case drastic wax change is required...

On the plus side, the temp forecasts are pretty nice -10'C, 0'C range,
though the 0'C will also make waxing a bit more tricky.

By the way, the Gold CdB get to enjoy an extra, free 5 kms of skiing at the
end of the first day because of a logging road re-routing ;-) ~83 km on the
first day...

Here's the official CSM report on the trails:

http://www.csm-mcs.com/en/frames.php...er_news/trail/

Parham (CSM#166)

Best conditions...? Le Dieu European Ski Resorts 12 January 15th 05 09:03 AM
Whistler conditions DZN Alpine Skiing 0 April 12th 04 04:49 AM
Conditions for Keski Tim Dudley Nordic Skiing 7 February 12th 04 02:37 AM
Snow Conditions in Vald'Isere Rob White European Ski Resorts 2 December 18th 03 08:56 AM
2 Alpes glacier conditions PG European Ski Resorts 0 August 30th 03 09:01 AM