CALLING SEASONED SKI TRAVELERS FOR ADVISE

Old February 5th 04, 12:31 PM

Default CALLING SEASONED SKI TRAVELERS FOR ADVISE

I am planning my first ever skiing holiday this march. But rather than use a
tour operator myself and two freinds are planning to wing it! We have looked
into low cost flights to salzberg austria with a mind to travel to Kitzbuhel
(getting the flights seems simple enough.)

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have some strange accomidation
requirements. I myself would like to stay for a week whereas my friends only
have time for a 4 day visit.

What I am asking is: Should I just turn up and wonder around looking for
accomidation? Do people know of hotels or resorts that offer this kind of
flexibility? Has anyone already been in this sort of situation looking for
accomidation only? Do you seasoned ski travels have any advise for me?

Thanks

--
Kyle

Old February 6th 04, 10:32 AM
__Jambers__

Contact the local tourist info, don't just turn up without
accomodation, you'll either get nothing, or end up paying a fortune.
HTH,
--
__Jambers__

-----please de-MUNG address to reply-----