Source for 166cm Karhu Grizzly's?

Old January 27th 05, 12:49 AM
R. T. McKenzie

Default Source for 166cm Karhu Grizzly's?

After demo'ing a number of skis, I finally decided
on a pair of Karhu Grizzly's, in 166cm length, as
just what I needed for tight, NE backcountry trails.
Unfortunately, a number of other people must have
come to the same conclusion, since these appear to
be unavailable from any source that I've tried.

Can anyone steer me toward a local (to you) retailer
who might have a pair available? I've tried the
national chains (EMS, REI), and all of the online
dealers I can locate, all to no avail. Karhu says
they've been sold out of this length for some time
now. So, my only hope is that some local shop has
a pair left in stock. Thanks in advance for any
leads.

-- RT

R. T. McKenzie | rtmc@snet dot net

Old January 27th 05, 01:49 AM
Gary S.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:49:53 GMT, "R. T. McKenzie"
wrote:

After demo'ing a number of skis, I finally decided
on a pair of Karhu Grizzly's, in 166cm length, as
just what I needed for tight, NE backcountry trails.
Unfortunately, a number of other people must have
come to the same conclusion, since these appear to
be unavailable from any source that I've tried.

Can anyone steer me toward a local (to you) retailer
who might have a pair available? I've tried the
national chains (EMS, REI), and all of the online
dealers I can locate, all to no avail. Karhu says
they've been sold out of this length for some time
now. So, my only hope is that some local shop has
a pair left in stock. Thanks in advance for any
leads.

Your best bet will be a retailer, maybe in an area with less than
usual snowfall this year (Boston does not qualify ;-)).

By November 1, December 1 at the latest, the manufacturer's warehouse
for any ski related gear will be pretty much empty, out to retailers.

Mid-February is about the end of retail winter, and the start of
end-of-season sales.

Rather than online retailers, I would suggest you work the phones to
actual retail shops.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA