balance boards

Old March 8th 05, 01:19 PM
Ron - NY

Default balance boards

I posted about these last year and never heard anything since . BUT I used
mine quite a bit for training the ol legs and I must say I think these are
the greatest . My legs are sooooo much stronger than they were before , I
get very little soreness if any , and my balance has improved dramatically .
It's fun to use , I watch TV while I'm on it . I do squats on it , I can
jump and land on it , I swivel with it . What a great work out tool this
thing is . And no I'm not selling them or have any financial interest in
them , I just think it's great for leg training and balance . Something to
think about

Old March 8th 05, 01:38 PM
Ron - NY

"Bob Lee" wrote in message
Ron - NY wrote:

I posted about these last year and never heard anything since . BUT I
used
mine quite a bit for training the ol legs and I must say I think these
are
the greatest . My legs are sooooo much stronger than they were before , I
get very little soreness if any , and my balance has improved
dramatically .
It's fun to use , I watch TV while I'm on it . I do squats on it , I can
jump and land on it , I swivel with it . What a great work out tool this
thing is . And no I'm not selling them or have any financial interest in
them , I just think it's great for leg training and balance . Something
think about

Sounds like fun, but how has your skiing improved?

Bob

well easy , I can ski better because my legs are stronger , don't have to
stop as much . But the balance factor is the key . I feel much more balanced
on uneven terrain where before I felt a little unstable . Also helped a lot
on the landings on jumps . I try to crouch down on the board like i'm in a
skiing position and make believe I'm skiing .

Old March 8th 05, 02:51 PM
Mary Malmros

Bob Lee wrote:

Ron - NY wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

Ron - NY wrote:

[...]

I figured. It sounds like something I had when I was a kid - it was
called a "Bongo Board."

Bongo boards are still out there. It's just one style of balance board.
They make 'em in all kinds of levels of challenge. I had a bongo
board as a kid too -- huge fun! I just reclaimed that old bongo board
from my folks' home and I'm going to try to restore it -- I think it's a
good workout tool.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old March 8th 05, 06:56 PM
Mark A Framness

Mary Malmros wrote:

Bongo boards are still out there. It's just one style of balance board.
They make 'em in all kinds of levels of challenge. I had a bongo
board as a kid too -- huge fun! I just reclaimed that old bongo board
from my folks' home and I'm going to try to restore it -- I think it's a
good workout tool.

Amazingly so! Our Y has one and if I have to burn some time after my regular
routine is done I jump on that thing. When I get better than I will assume
a ski position on it.

--
E-mail decoding instructions. Your keyboard is the key. Shift the letter on
the keyboard one position to the right for the plain-text. If the letter is
Old March 9th 05, 01:28 PM
Jeff

Ron - NY wrote:
I posted about these last year and never heard anything since . BUT I

used
mine quite a bit for training the ol legs and I must say I think

these are
the greatest . My legs are sooooo much stronger than they were before

, I
get very little soreness if any , and my balance has improved

dramatically .
It's fun to use , I watch TV while I'm on it . I do squats on it , I

can
jump and land on it , I swivel with it . What a great work out tool

this
thing is . And no I'm not selling them or have any financial interest

in
them , I just think it's great for leg training and balance .

Something to
think about

Is this what you're talking about:
http://www.catalogclearance.com/prod...BB0510&dept=62

Jeff

Old March 9th 05, 01:56 PM
Ron - NY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

There are lots of variations but I bought this one . If you enter balance
board on ebay under sporting goods you'll get a lot of hits . There is a
popular one made of wood called a voo doo board but I thought they were too
expensive .
Ron

"Jeff" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 02:02 PM
Ron - NY

http://search.ebay.com/balance-board...1QQsaca tZ382

Actualy the other poular one is spelled vew do , they're made of wood , but
as you can see there are many variations .

Old March 9th 05, 02:56 PM
Jeff

Ron - NY wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

There are lots of variations but I bought this one . If you enter

balance
board on ebay under sporting goods you'll get a lot of hits . There

is a
popular one made of wood called a voo doo board but I thought they

were too
expensive .
Ron

How much time do you spend on it in one session?

Jeff

Old March 9th 05, 03:10 PM
Ron - NY

Well in 1 session I can go about 15-20 minutes on it but it depends how
aggressive your using it . If I'm just standing on you can go for a while .
If your doing squats , spinning around , crouching , or doing tricks etc
then you will do less . You can use these all year round , and what I like
is that it's easy to do while watching T.V . Just get one ! :-)

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 08:34 PM
Jay Pique

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:58:34 -0700, Bob Lee wrote:

It's weird that I didn't end up a snowboarder.

Troll.

JP