Is it worthwhile going down to Perisher on Monday? And other mulesings.

Old October 1st 06, 01:17 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Andy

Default Is it worthwhile going down to Perisher on Monday? And other mulesings.

Okay just joking.

This was the worst ever ski season I have encountered.

Add that to the fact that skiing on the west coast of canada was not so
flash the past season, and it all spells trouble to the ski resorts.

Blame global warming.

It is not going to get better I fear, what with the drought now
entering its 6th!!!!! year.

Anyone for the beach?

Oh I forgot Canadians don't have beaches only logs. About time you
fellas come over here for a visit and maybe imigrate. We are short of
engineers and scientists.

Old October 1st 06, 05:00 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay just joking.

This was the worst ever ski season I have encountered.

Add that to the fact that skiing on the west coast of canada was not so
flash the past season, and it all spells trouble to the ski resorts.

Wasn't epic, but it had its moments. The season before was a disaster for
the entire Pac Northwest. BC interior survived, but barely.

Blame global warming.

It is not going to get better I fear, what with the drought now
entering its 6th!!!!! year.

Anyone for the beach?

Oh I forgot Canadians don't have beaches only logs.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp.../silverbe.html
http://www.shuswap.bc.ca/Beaches.htm

Not quite Malibu, but the ski resorts here aren't quite Vail and thats kind
of the point isn't it?
If I choose todrive more than 45 minutes from my front door I could find a
few more.

About time you
fellas come over here for a visit and maybe imigrate. We are short of
engineers and scientists.

Where is "over here"? When you post thru google we don't know if its Alberta
or Afghanistan.
Perisher is Aus, isn't it?

Old October 2nd 06, 05:38 AM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Paul Day

On 1 Oct 2006 06:17:54 -0700 in aus.snow Andy may have written:
Oh I forgot Canadians don't have beaches only logs. About time you
fellas come over here for a visit and maybe imigrate. We are short of
engineers and scientists.

Especially in Calgary?

PD

--
Paul Day
Web: http://www.enigma.id.au/
Old October 2nd 06, 02:16 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Norm wrote:
"Andy" wrote

Anyone for the beach?
Oh I forgot Canadians don't have beaches only logs.

Um....no. There are some pretty nice beaches along the Lake Huron
Shoreline.

http://www.grandbend.com/images/beach10.jpg

The skiing's nothing to write home about, but the beaches are nice.

About time you
fellas come over here for a visit and maybe imigrate. We are short of
engineers and scientists.

Don't tempt me.

//Walt
Old October 3rd 06, 02:16 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Damien McBain

Norm committed to the eternal aether...:

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay just joking.

This was the worst ever ski season I have encountered.

Add that to the fact that skiing on the west coast of canada was not so
flash the past season, and it all spells trouble to the ski resorts.

Wasn't epic, but it had its moments. The season before was a disaster for
the entire Pac Northwest. BC interior survived, but barely.

Let's hope Whistler is fantastic in January.

some snippage

Where is "over here"? When you post thru google we don't know if its Alberta
or Afghanistan.
Perisher is Aus, isn't it?

yep, the biggest of our few humble ski resorts.
Old October 17th 06, 12:29 AM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
BigAir

Damien McBain wrote:

yep, [perisher is] the biggest of our few humble ski resorts.

It was the resort that held out the longest for the season - just one day later
than Falls Creek and a week later than Mt Hotham. Through-out 2006, I went 5 times
to the snow (all the way from Adelaide) and apart from the trip I made to Mt
Selwyn during the mid-year school holidays, all the other trips coincided with
some snow falls. I ended up having a decent time and it was worth the 12 hour trip
each time.

Old October 17th 06, 01:22 AM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"BigAir" wrote in message

Damien McBain wrote:

yep, [perisher is] the biggest of our few humble ski resorts.

It was the resort that held out the longest for the season - just one day
later
than Falls Creek and a week later than Mt Hotham. Through-out 2006, I went
5 times
to the snow (all the way from Adelaide) and apart from the trip I made to
Mt
Selwyn during the mid-year school holidays, all the other trips coincided
with
some snow falls. I ended up having a decent time and it was worth the 12
hour trip
each time.

I thought I was crazy driving 7 - 9 hours to ski.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old October 17th 06, 07:23 AM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
BigAir

Default Posting in aus.snow.....

JQ wrote:

"BigAir" wrote in message

It was the resort that held out the longest for the season - just one day
later
than Falls Creek and a week later than Mt Hotham. Through-out 2006, I went
5 times
to the snow (all the way from Adelaide) and apart from the trip I made to
Mt
Selwyn during the mid-year school holidays, all the other trips coincided
with
some snow falls. I ended up having a decent time and it was worth the 12
hour trip
each time.

I thought I was crazy driving 7 - 9 hours to ski.

.....hey!!....that was a fast reply.....I thought no-one would read anything in
here until the next OZ snow season.

I do work in the Alpine area so it is a working holiday (so to speak). Plus, I
own a 12-seater bus and so I took other people with me and they paid me enough
money so that my fuel costs were covered.

Old October 17th 06, 12:39 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
Damien McBain

BigAir committed to the eternal aether...:

JQ wrote:

"BigAir" wrote in message

It was the resort that held out the longest for the season - just one day
later
than Falls Creek and a week later than Mt Hotham. Through-out 2006, I went
5 times
to the snow (all the way from Adelaide) and apart from the trip I made to
Mt
Selwyn during the mid-year school holidays, all the other trips coincided
with
some snow falls. I ended up having a decent time and it was worth the 12
hour trip
each time.

I thought I was crazy driving 7 - 9 hours to ski.

....hey!!....that was a fast reply.....I thought no-one would read anything in
here until the next OZ snow season.

I still check aus.snow every day

I do work in the Alpine area so it is a working holiday (so to speak). Plus, I
own a 12-seater bus and so I took other people with me and they paid me enough
money so that my fuel costs were covered.

I live in Perth - it's a plane fare for me, there's no way I'm driving 40
hours for anything! I can't wait to get back to Melb.
Old October 17th 06, 01:31 PM posted to aus.snow,rec.skiing.alpine
BigAir

Damien McBain wrote:

I still check aus.snow every day

Great!!!....another dedicated snow-buff. Nice to meet you, Damien.

Do you ski or snowboard?....or both?

I live in Perth - it's a plane fare for me, there's no way I'm driving 40
hours for anything! I can't wait to get back to Melb.

Fair enough....and the way the snow season went this year, the snow would have
melted by the time you got there.....hahaha.