getting from innsbruck to st. anton

Old December 8th 05, 01:41 PM

Default getting from innsbruck to st. anton

hi - i'm headed to st. anton (from the US) with a bunch of british
friends who will be traveling on a ski package from london. i can't
seem to make my flight times match up with theirs so i need to arrange
my own innsbruck-st. anton transportation. any advice on the easiest
way to do this? how much would a taxi cost or is it prohibitively
expensive?

Old December 8th 05, 02:06 PM

The taxi would be quite expensive - its about 100klms and probably an hours
drive away.

You can get the train there, but I have never done it.

ups.com...

Old December 8th 05, 02:31 PM

AH wrote:
The taxi would be quite expensive - its about 100klms and probably an hours
drive away.

You can get the train there, but I have never done it.

You can get train times from http://www.oebb.at/

Assuming you mean St Anton am Arlberg (there are several other St Antons
in Austria), it takes about an hour and a quarter, and the trains
apparently run fairly frequently.

John.

--
-- Over 2700 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr
Old December 8th 05, 08:51 PM

hi - i'm headed to st. anton (from the US) with a bunch of british
friends who will be traveling on a ski package from london. i can't
seem to make my flight times match up with theirs so i need to arrange
my own innsbruck-st. anton transportation. any advice on the easiest
way to do this? how much would a taxi cost or is it prohibitively
expensive?

By train. Easy and inexpensive.

Old December 9th 05, 12:46 AM

Train it is then. Thanks!

Old December 12th 05, 07:59 AM

ccqsutton wrote:
Train it is then. Thanks!

I'd plan to go by train, but if you arrive on a Saturday or Sunday have
a look around for any reps from Tour Operators (usually pretty obvious
by their jackets, and usually British or Scandanavian). If you do find
any when you arrive ask them if they have any buses going to St Anton -
they may be able to sort you out. Cost wold be about the same as the
train I guess but it's a bit less hassle and a bit quicker (assuming
they don't have to wait for 3 hours for another flight of course).

Also, a tip for Innsbruck airport if you are travelling with skis. Don't
wait for them to come out on the baggage belt. They are usually taken
straight outside to ski racks near by the bus stops. This may only apply
to charter flights but it's worth bearing in mind if you think your skis
have gone missing:-)
Old December 19th 05, 03:39 AM

Just curious, how did you end up in Innsbruck? I'm going to Ischgl in
February '06 and from Chicago it's much more cost effective to go to
Munich.

I was in St. Anton in 2001 and it was awesome. I've been trying to get
back to Austria ever since. We're going to rent a car and head up to
St. Anton during our week in Feb.

In 2001 we flew from Chicago into Zurich and took the trian, it was
real easy. If you are in Innsbruck, take the train. It's simple,
relatively cheap, timely and drops you off withing a 3 minute walk to
the pedestrian zone.

Enjoy your trip!!